French Projects Heaven: Le Mirage F1 et les Mirage de seconde generation

Skybolt

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
First volume of the two-volume work on "Le Mirage F1" by Michel Liébert and Sébastien Buyck by Edition Lela Press covers not only the twisted evolution of the Mirage F1 but also early concepts, derivatives and other non-delta Dassault projects, including the complete evolition of the swing winged Mirage, naval derivatives, Jaguar competitor(s), ACF and, new to me several successor to the Mirage IVA in the strategic role And, ad a final candy on the cake, directly from the Dassault-LTV alliance of late '60, a beautiful 3-view in 1:144 scale of the V-507 and a Dassualt exercise for a proposal follwing the VFX specs... Pricey (55 euros) but highly recommended. Uh, forgot, the authors use the documents and drawings assembled by Jean Cuny for his projected work on the French military aircrafts post-1960... and if this is not making you at least consider the book... ;D

I'm going to order a copy :eek: :eek:

http://www.master194.com/livres/lela/mirage-f1/index1.htm

Received my copy today. Skybolt, thanks to your post I have added a superb book to my library. It is a treasure of unbuilt projects.
The list of aircraft described and illustrated is impressive:

Mirage IIIF2 01
Mirage IIIF2 02
Mirage F3 (single and two seater)
Cavalier ECAT (single and two seater)
Mirage Fo
Mirage F2A
Mirage F2J
Mirage F2M
Mirage F2R
Mirage IVF2
Mirage IVF2 DVI
Mirage F4 Asmodée
Mirage F1 01
Mirage F1 02
Mirage F1 03
Mirage F1 04
Mirage F1E
MD.800
GVFB
GVFB Navy
Mirage IIIFG
Mirage G
Mirage IIIFGM
Mirage Go
Mirage G1
Mirage G1M
Mirage G2
Mirage G3
Mirage G3B
Mirage G3M
Mirage G4 (3 different engine options/)
Mirage G5
Mirage G6 (3 different engine options)
Mirage F4G
Mirage G8 01
Mirage G8 02
Mirage F8B
ACF Super Mirage (single and two seater)
Mirage G8A

Unbuilt project info runs from page 1 to page 196. Several drawings are 1:72. Rare pics. Well documented text uncovering a lot of fresh info (most unknown to me). Luxury edition.
Seems that French aerospace publishing is living a great moment.

Who can ask for more?

Those interested on ordering a copy, please follow this link (there are also more interesting books and magazines on sale, included Italian publications like Aerofan and Ali d'Italia):

Lela Presse
http://www.avions-bateaux.com

Ok, I've found what I want for christmas. 55 euros ? not so much for a book we all waited for so many years... ;D so it's Cuny books follow-on...

Finally got around to ordering a copy of Vol I. Has anyone gotten or seen Vol II? Is it worth buying as well?

Frank, if you're a fan of Mirages, it's ok: lot of photos and infos on operational versions and usage around the world.

At first I did not want to buy this book...

But I found this topic for some days...

And I bought the book yesterday...

It's incredibly good, with a lot of unknown (for me) designs :eek:

Well, this is a fabulous book for anyone with an interest in unbuilt projects.

Ostensibly the first volume of a book on the Mirage F1, really its about the whole period after the Mirage III entered service and the various proposals for a successor, built and unbuilt.

Even if you don't speak French, this is a jewel:)

overscan said:
Well, this is a fabulous book for anyone with an interest in unbuilt projects.

Ostensibly the first volume of a book on the Mirage F1, really its about the whole period after the Mirage III entered service and the various proposals for a successor, built and unbuilt.

Even if you don't speak French, this is a jewel :)

Completely agreed !!! ... esp. with the last sentence and I deeply regret … it even harms that I was soooooooo lazy in France at school. :-\

Anyway a wonderfull book and I only hope this will be the beginning of a series on French projects with additional volumes regarding the Mirage 2000/4000 to come !

Cheers, Deino

Is The Book Printed in French Language? If it is what the ones like me should do who do not know even single word in French? Thank you :-\

the second volume is also out

350 page with 450 photos mostly in color
25 page in deep look on F-1B
45 page about it's mission profile
104 page is about F-1C and how it proform compare to Mirage III, F-104, F-18 and Missions records
also 29 divergent profiles on paint schemes and 15 page on version of armament

it's cost pricy 62euros
http://www.master194.com/livres/lela/mirage-f1/index2.htm

Info to order (missing on lela press)
Volume one
ISBN-10: 2914017405
ISBN-13: 978-2914017404
Volume 2
ISBN-10: 2914017413
ISBN-13: 978-2914017411

sadly on Amazon: Currently unavailable (on july 2012)

I'm coming in late here. Are these books still available? If so, where do I go to order them?

Thanks in advance.

PaulMM (Overscan) said:
I believe they are out of print, so not straightforward to obtain.
Well, damn, that's what I get for coming back late. If anyone happens to find used copies for sale, I'm most definitely interested.

elmayerle said:
PaulMM (Overscan) said:
Well, damn, that's what I get for coming back late. If anyone happens to find used copies for sale, I'm most definitely interested.

PM sent

elmayerle said:
PaulMM (Overscan) said:
Well, I managed to acquire the last copy Aviation Megastore had and it's definitely worth the hefty price and postage to the US from The Netherlands. What's pleasantly surprising is how little time it took from placing the order to receiving the book, only about a half-week.

Its a real encyclopedia of unbuilt French fighters from the 60s and 70s, after then end of the period covered by the famous 2 volume Jean Cuny book Les avions de combat français 1944-1960 and highly recommended even if you can't read French or care much about the Mirage F1 in particular.

The damn thing is out of print. If somebody knows a place on Earth where I can order a copy, even a used one, I'm willing to pay the right price for it.
Cheers !

https://www.bookfinder.com/search/?author=sebastien+buyck&title=&lang=fr&submitBtn=Search&new_used=
Extortionate prices.
Alternatively, search at https://www.amazon.fr

Back
Top Bottom