Register here

Author Topic: M1 Abrams MBT Replacement  (Read 88483 times)

Offline bobbymike

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Re: M1 Abrams MBT Replacement
« Reply #300 on: March 27, 2018, 06:41:19 pm »
https://www.military.com/kitup/2018/03/26/army-test-first-next-gen-ground-combat-vehicles-2019.html

Army maneuver officials on Monday said the service's Next Generation Combat Vehicle will allow it to team manned and unmanned vehicles and create an unbeatable overmatch against enemy armored forces.

Developing the NGCV to replace the fleet of Cold-War era M1 Abrams tanks and Bradley Fighting Vehicles is the Army's second modernization priority under a new strategy to reform acquisition and modernization.

The Army intends to stand up a new Futures Command this summer, which will oversee cross-functional teams that focus on each of the of the service's six modernization priorities: long-range precision fires; next-generation combat vehicle; future vertical lift; a mobile and expeditionary network; air and missile defense capabilities; and soldier lethality.

"The Next Generation Combat Vehicle needs to be revolutionary," Gen Robert Abrams, commander of Forces Command, told an audience at the Association of the United States Army's Global Force Symposium.

"It's got to be 10X better than our current fleet and guarantee our overmatch into the future."
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.

Charles W. Eliot

Offline jsport

• I really should change my personal text

Offline marauder2048

• "I should really just relax"
« Reply #302 on: May 09, 2018, 11:07:22 am »
Tested in combat is the crucial distinction.

Offline jsport

• I really should change my personal text
« Reply #303 on: May 17, 2018, 08:28:07 am »
https://www.military.com/defensetech/2018/05/16/army-begin-equipping-heavy-units-active-protection-2020.html?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ebb%2017.05.18&utm_term=Editorial%20-%20Military%20-%20Early%20Bird%20Brief

The Army has the gall to claim US companies aren't ready for APS production when Army incompetence for 20yrs has killed US APS systems like Quick Kill et al.