AMSA initial artwork model

uk 75

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
This model in my collection is being finished off. Hope to have it soon. It is based on the very first version of the AMSA shown in drawings only

Attachments

• Nice Airplanes AMSA PV-10.JPG
    Nice Airplanes AMSA PV-10.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 939
Sorry here are the rest

Attachments

• Nice Airplanes AMSA PV-11.JPG
    Nice Airplanes AMSA PV-11.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 919
  • Nice Airplanes AMSA PV-12.JPG
    Nice Airplanes AMSA PV-12.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 916
  • Nice Airplanes AMSA PV-13.JPG
    Nice Airplanes AMSA PV-13.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 902
Oh and I forgot to include the drawing of the original.

Attachments

• AMSA art.jpg
    AMSA art.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 814
Orionblamblam

Sorry not reply sooner to your question. I was ill before Christmas and have only now got to an Internet cafe
(My primitive mobile won't let me post stuff here)
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,484.msg206133.html#msg206133

I have to own up to using one of the drawings in the AMSA thread as an approximation to the AMSA artwork I posted.

My friends at Nice Airplanes kindly adjusted the engines to the podded configuration shown in the art. The model is wood with metal fittings.

I appreciate that it is rather a cheat, which is why I made sure not to put it in the proper AMSA thread. I love what-if 60s stuff and the model makes an interesting companion to the various B1 models in my collection. When it finally arrives from the Far East after the New Year I will put a not in the box with it explaining why I did it, so that when I kick the bucket noone will take it too seriously.

Appreciate your material.

UK 75 (Ralph)

That's some pretty good scratch building you have got done there - the model came out great too!

uk 75 said:
Sorry here are the rest

Wow, that's awesome!!
Would look great with a picture of an airfield in the background or as part of a diorama!! :eek: :p

Regards
Pioneer

The model is made out of wood and metal by the skilled model makers in the Philippines. I fear my own skills do not run to such things. They can produce some astonishing stuff if you provide schematics and advice on markings etc. I source mine through Aviation Retail Direct in London who are really helpful.

The artisan craftsmen of the Philippines come up with some amazing work, the buses based on WW2 JEEPs also comes to mind. Nice model for sure.