Register here

Author Topic: Exoskeleton Systems For Military and Civil Uses  (Read 47808 times)

Offline bobbymike

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Re: Exoskeleton Systems For Military and Civil Uses
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 10:15:46 am »
McRaven mentions 'protection to survive coming through the door' I wonder if there is some major advance in body armor for this suit as well that maybe will help Spec Ops soldiers without the need for the 'powered' part to come to fruition which may takes much longer to develop.
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.

Charles W. Eliot

Offline jsport

• I really should change my personal text
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 06:20:36 pm »
An unpowered conformal body layer may well be the first development priority, as how bodies fit/interface to the subsequent hard layers may one of the largest issues.  Likewise conformal's capability needs to be maximized before hard exos are introduced.

Offline bobbymike

Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.

Charles W. Eliot

Offline bobbymike

Charles W. Eliot

Offline jsport

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 04:25:46 am »
Thank you for posting this historically telling story bobbymike.

Offline bobbymike

Charles W. Eliot

Offline Hot Breath

• CLEARANCE: Secret

Offline bobbymike

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 11:14:52 am »
I modified the title if others want to post articles related not just to TALOS but any advanced technology for the foot soldier.

http://breakingdefense.com/2014/05/darpas-wearable-display-augments-reality-for-foot-troops/

Charles W. Eliot

Offline muttbutt

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2014, 09:22:26 am »
I modified the title if others want to post articles related not just to TALOS but any advanced technology for the foot soldier.

http://breakingdefense.com/2014/05/darpas-wearable-display-augments-reality-for-foot-troops/
Is this thread  just for American kit BM?

Offline bobbymike

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2014, 10:44:57 am »

Is this thread  just for American kit BM?

Wasn't my intent to exclude anything so I think any information related to future soldier technology can find a home here.

Charles W. Eliot

Offline bobbymike

Charles W. Eliot

Offline bobbymike

Charles W. Eliot

Offline muttbutt

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2014, 06:12:34 pm »
This is the Franco-Swiss RB-3D lower body exo skeleton mounted with ballistic armour etc at this year Eurosatory mil expo

Looks awkward as hell  :o

Offline DrRansom

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2014, 08:50:03 pm »
Instead of trying to get exosuits to work in combat, how about using them first for engineers / support personal? Should be an easier first step.

Offline Avimimus

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 07:32:11 am »
What I see as logical first steps:

1) Energy recovery boots/leg attachments to allow dismounted infantry to carry heavier packs longer distances at speed (but discarded in combat).

2) Body armour that is light weight and flexible enough that you can crawl through fences.

3) Incorporating anti-sniper sensors (acoustic and flash detection) in helmets.

So, I'd fund three-separate programs rather than paying for expensive concept art.