ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
From Netherland,

Pander P-1 and P-2 :two seat high wing monoplanes,each powered by
100 hp De Havilland Gipsy I engine.
Pander P-3 :an open cockpit two seat high wing formula monoplane with
a 120 hp De Havilland Gipsy III engine.
Pander Multipro :three seat version of P-3 as a igh wing monoplane with
enclosed cabin and powered by 85 hp Pobjoy engine.

Last edited:
Also little known aircraft from Netherland,

Carley C.12 :single seat high wing monoplane,powered by one
20 hp Anzani engine.
Holland H-1 :single seat sporting biplane.
Holland H-2 :single seat monoplane,powered by one 25 hp Anzani
engine.

I would suggest you do not limit your search to The Netherlands. As far as I know, Berny is not a usual Dutch abbreviation of Bernard and I suspect Mr. Konings may have taken his trade to France or the UK. Looking forward to some more clarification.

My dear Jos,

I don't know to be honest,but I asked about it a Netherland site,and I am waiting
the answer.

Benny Koning was gone from Spain to the former Dutch East Indies.
He was escaped to Spain and worked for Koolhoven In France (Nevers).
Further no information

Jan

Jan, as you describe it Benny (instead of Hesham’s Berny) went from Spain to the Netherlands East Indies, then back to Spain to work at Koolhoven in Nevers (France).
Or did he work at Koolhoven in Nevers, then escaped to Spain from where he went to the Netherlands East Indies. To me its seems to be a more likely course of events and possibly dates it to early 1940, when the Germans invaded France.
This then raises the question about a Koolhoven branch in Nevers. Unfortunately I am away from my home library for some time and cannot check this in Wesselink’s Koolhoven book. So if anybody has further information on that Koolhoven branch, please inform us further

Hi Jan,,I think it was Berny not Benny,please see the text.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    587.3 KB · Views: 803
hesham said:
Hi Jan,,I think it was Berny not Benny,please see the text.

Why do you choose to trust a French newspaper to have the right spelling of a Dutch name when Dutch people themselves tell you it's wrong??

Jos Heyman said:
Jan, as you describe it Benny (instead of Hesham’s Berny) went from Spain to the Netherlands East Indies, then back to Spain to work at Koolhoven in Nevers (France).
Or did he work at Koolhoven in Nevers, then escaped to Spain from where he went to the Netherlands East Indies. To me its seems to be a more likely course of events and possibly dates it to early 1940, when the Germans invaded France.
This then raises the question about a Koolhoven branch in Nevers. Unfortunately I am away from my home library for some time and cannot check this in Wesselink’s Koolhoven book. So if anybody has further information on that Koolhoven branch, please inform us further
I have two sources that mention a Koolhoven assembly operation on the premises of a factory for agricultural machinery in Nevèrs, France:

- 'Koolhoven - Nederlandse vliegtuigbouwer in de schaduw van Fokker' by Theo Wesselink and Thijs Postma, Unieboek, 1981
- 'Frits Koolhoven en zijn vliegtuigproduktie' by Dik Top, Repro-Holland, 1996

Both sources mention 23 partially assembled F.K.58s that were shipped to Nevèrs for final assembly, a few of these were completed. Dirk Top mentions the engineer Van de Wetering as manager for the French Koolhoven plant.

I think the first book is the one Jos Heyman is referring to. Writer Dik Top of the second book received enough assistance from Jan den den Das for Jan to be specifically mentioned as cooperator on the title page of the book. Well done, Jan.

Berny/Benny Konings is not mentioned in either book. As Jos already mentioned, both 'Berny' and 'Benny' are abbreviations for Bernard in Dutch. 'Benny' is the one more commonly used, but I personally know of one Bernard who goes by the name Berny.

Hi,

a little known Dutch aircraft,was the Werkspoor Jumbo or Carley Jumbo,it was a biplane
freighter and transport aircraft,its crew was two men,and powered by one Gnome-Rhone
Jupiter VI with propulsion of 480 hp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werkspoor_Jumbo

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 584
  • 2.png
    2.png
    906 KB · Views: 603
Hi,

Mr. Von Baumhauer,In 1913,he built a model of a helicopter with two counter-rotating rotors,the helicopter flew,
but it was not stable enough.

From, Изаксон А. М. - Геликоптеры - 1947,

here is anther helicoplane or autogyro designed by Mr. von Baumhauer in 1920s.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Nice find hesham!

This is a compound-helicopter derivative of Albert Gillis von Baumhauer's 'conventional' helicopter of 1924. An obvious difference - aside from the biplane wings, obviously - is the use of an inline main engine. The 1924 helicopter had a radial in this position. Part of the downfall of von Baumhauer's helicopter designs was that they required a second engine to drive the torque-eliminating tail rotor.

Another unbuilt von Baumhauer project was his early '30s Helicoptère-vliegtuig (Helicopter-aircraft) with which he hoped to test lifting rotors in both fast- and slow-speed flight. The Helicoptère-vliegtuig was originally to have contra-rotating rotors (a return to von Baumhauer's 1910 model helicopter) but seems - appropriate to your find - to have evolved into a compound helicopter concept.

BTW, the 1924 helicopter had a single, teetering main-rotor but proved a poor flier (capable of making only short hops). It was destroyed in a crash on 29 August 1930 but von Baumhauer was unharmed. He was less lucky on 18 March 1939. While in the US on behalf the Luchtvaartdienst, von Baumhauer was killed in the crash of the Boeing Stratoliner prototype.

For von Baumhauer's connections with other helicopter pioneers, see The Transmission of Helicopter Technology, 1920–1939: Exchanges with von Baumhauer by Alex de Voogt.

Alex de Voogt also delivered a paper, Helicopter History: The implications of the von Baumhauer at the 33rd European Rotorcraft Forum at Kazan in 2007.

For personal background, see: http://resources.huygens.knaw.nl/bwn1880-2000/lemmata/bwn3/baumhauer

Funny Story happened to me,

yesterday before I went to sleep,I saw in my files ( maybe magazine or a report) a name for Dutch
man designed a glider and transport aircraft,but I slept and left this subject to ask about it in
this day,the report or magazine go on,and I don't remember it,I searched 6 hours about it,but no
way,this designer had a strange name,it contains "aa",nothing more,can anyone help me,certainly
a ghost stolen it :D

A couple of nights ago, asleep in my Texas bed, I dreamed I had just finished working in Paris and was making my way to Le Bourget to take in the airplanes.

Then I woke up!!!

A couple of nights ago, asleep in my Texas bed, I dreamed I had just finished working in Paris and was making my way to Le Bourget to take in the airplanes.

Then I woke up!!!

:D ,but it was not a dream my dear Richard,but I was ill for more than two weeks,and I began to get
better,so I check from every report and magazine about Dutch aircraft,and I remember that,I click on
the button "Search Forums",but I said,let it to the morning,also a clue,I didn't forget he designed a
glider,maybe in 1923 and before he created a light transport or light aircraft earlier,but I am sure it
was in my mindfulness.

From, Luchtvaartkennis 1996/6;

Mr. Van Dijk built a biplane in 1920,also he designed a glider with Carley in 1911;

THE VAN DIJK Biplane
A few years ago came out of a box of glass
gatiefs, which are in the collection of the National
Aviation Museum Aviodome, one
blurred image of a totally unknown
aircraft type emerging. Now each makes
museum sometimes agrees that the most beautiful
s are done in the own collection, but in
this case might be the pictured plane
be anonymous for years to come
gone as in the background of the glass negative
would not be a Dutch-language poster
been. It was primarily this at first
poster that caught the eye

The glass negative consisted of two glass plates
attached together with black paper.
On one of these papers it turned out in detail
study a thin stroke, which after
study the text "Airplane of the Lord
C. van Dijk ”appeared to form. And the plane
may be unknown, the builder C.van Dijk
it certainly was not ...

The aircraft manufacturer Coen van Dijk

Coen van Dijk has become known as "the closest friend in the shadow of Joop Carley."
In 1911 he built a glider together with Carley. This glider was turned in turn
staffed by Carley and Van Dijk, at Duindigt
towed up behind a car. A crash, dic
Coen van Dijk almost cost the life ?, ended
these experiments. In 1913 the two friends took over an (even then) old Blériot from the
Bennebroekse flour merchant Klaas Beers ". This
aircraft, however, turned out not to be flyworthy and na
the Blériot was cracked many attempts. In 1914
the two friends bought an airplane in Belgium4. Shortly afterwards, Coen van Dijk was called up
for military service. At some point in
World War I - we don't know exactly
when - waved off Coen van Dijk and from that
At the moment he probably worked on a new plane in a garage. It
became a biplane, probably around 1920
with a five-cylinder radial engine, further on
little is known. Although the biplane on the
photo seems to be almost completely finished is nothing
known about any flight attempts. Only this
photo confirms that the aircraft has ever
stand!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 2.png
    2.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 72
From, Luchtvaartkennis 2015-2,

here is a Walton von Hermet gliders.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1,015.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1 MB · Views: 64
  • 4.png
    4.png
    923.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 5.png
    5.png
    760.9 KB · Views: 74
We spoke about that designer before;

the design by Van Lammeren.This was an aircraft with two cockpits.
One in the nose for take-off and landing and a second cockpit within the
pressurised main cabin for long distance flights above the weather.

Has anyone a drawing to it,it was called Rotalift ?.

Attachments

• 13.png
    13.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 93
The person you're looking for is Willen Petrus van Lammeren. In British patent applications, van Lammeren's address was given as "45D, Veursche Weg [Veurseweg], Voorschoten, Holland".

Most of his 'propeller' patents - eg: UK patents 336,642 (1930) and 342,071 (1931), both entitled Improvements in rotary propellers - are primarily maritime oriented, not aeronautical. An exception is US1880302A - entitled Propeller for helicopters - which has some diagrams: https://patents.google.com/patent/US1880302

Nice find hesham!

This is a compound-helicopter derivative of Albert Gillis von Baumhauer's 'conventional' helicopter of 1924. An obvious difference - aside from the biplane wings, obviously - is the use of an inline main engine. The 1924 helicopter had a radial in this position. Part of the downfall of von Baumhauer's helicopter designs was that they required a second engine to drive the torque-eliminating tail rotor.

Another unbuilt von Baumhauer project was his early '30s Helicoptère-vliegtuig (Helicopter-aircraft) with which he hoped to test lifting rotors in both fast- and slow-speed flight. The Helicoptère-vliegtuig was originally to have contra-rotating rotors (a return to von Baumhauer's 1910 model helicopter) but seems - appropriate to your find - to have evolved into a compound helicopter concept.

BTW, the 1924 helicopter had a single, teetering main-rotor but proved a poor flier (capable of making only short hops). It was destroyed in a crash on 29 August 1930 but von Baumhauer was unharmed. He was less lucky on 18 March 1939. While in the US on behalf the Luchtvaartdienst, von Baumhauer was killed in the crash of the Boeing Stratoliner prototype.

For von Baumhauer's connections with other helicopter pioneers, see The Transmission of Helicopter Technology, 1920–1939: Exchanges with von Baumhauer by Alex de Voogt.

Alex de Voogt also delivered a paper, Helicopter History: The implications of the von Baumhauer at the 33rd European Rotorcraft Forum at Kazan in 2007.

For personal background, see: http://resources.huygens.knaw.nl/bwn1880-2000/lemmata/bwn3/baumhauer
20220726-001.jpg

The Van Lammeren two cockpit design and the Rotalift are two different designs.

The first was a long range aircraft project designed for the Netherlands-Dutch East Indies route in 1939.
A four engined design with two tailfins .

There should be more info in Vliegwereld magazine 1939-1940.
I'll try to locate it...

The Van Lammeren two cockpit design and the Rotalift are two different designs.

The first was a long range aircraft project designed for the Netherlands-Dutch East Indies route in 1939.
A four engined design with two tailfins .

There should be more info in Vliegwereld magazine 1939-1940.
I'll try to locate it...

Via my dear Lark,

and from February and May 1940 of the same source as mentioned by him.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    314.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 2.png
    2.png
    573.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 3.png
    3.png
    452.3 KB · Views: 76