Register here

Author Topic: "In search of the optimum multifunctional interceptor" (from Paralay's website)  (Read 7319 times)

Offline piko1

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
  • < LFM Cow Level >
@Stargazer2006 : Sasha is derivative of Alexander in Bulgarian as Russian Sasho (Sasha in Russian) is often used for nickname for Alexander so the answer is yes
sorry for the offtop

Offline Avimimus

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Sasha also has some strange numerology and conspiracy theories addiction that many doesn't like, but I'm trying not to trespass this area of his own world.

Perhaps this could partly explain why he didn't pursue a career in aeronautics? I guess conspirationists are not particularly appreciated, be it in the U.S., C.I.S. or anywhere else...

(As an aside: is "Sasha" really a nickname for "Alexander"?)

I don't see that. I've known many odd and successful engineers - and certainly a lot of scientists have had unusual opinions in areas outside of their direct sphere of practice.

An example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Newton%27s_occult_studies

Offline flateric

• Deputy Administrator
"There are many disbelievers in
stealth, more than a few of them truly technically ignorant and proud of it." Sherm Mullin, Skunk Works

Offline sferrin

Sasha also has some strange numerology and conspiracy theories addiction that many doesn't like, but I'm trying not to trespass this area of his own world.

Perhaps this could partly explain why he didn't pursue a career in aeronautics? I guess conspirationists are not particularly appreciated, be it in the U.S., C.I.S. or anywhere else...

(As an aside: is "Sasha" really a nickname for "Alexander"?)

You should read up on John Parsons. Sometimes crazy, brilliant, and questionable all come in the same package.  :o
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Whiteside_Parsons
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 10:31:22 am by sferrin »
"DARPA Hard"  It ain't what it use to be.

Offline dannydale

• CLEARANCE: Secret
I spy a little yellow FSW prop plane on Paralay's site. That's both hilarious and awesome. B)