"In search of the optimum multifunctional interceptor" (from Paralay's website)

Stargazer

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Triton said:
Paralay has posted a pdf showing speculative renderings of what I guess might be a MiG-31 replacement. One of the renderings also shows a scaled up PAK-FA. See here->http://paralay.com/stat/MFP2.pdf

Funny... I was browsing through the exact same file and about to post the link... :)

Attached are pictures from said document, entitled "In search of the optimum multifunctional interceptor":

Attachments

• first version of the MFP in real dimensions.gif
    first version of the MFP in real dimensions.gif
    41.5 KB · Views: 528
  • sketch.jpg
    sketch.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 119
  • final version of flexible wing.gif
    final version of flexible wing.gif
    45.1 KB · Views: 126
  • layout options with flexible wings.gif
    layout options with flexible wings.gif
    82.1 KB · Views: 124
  • version with flexible wing.gif
    version with flexible wing.gif
    199.9 KB · Views: 471
  • option with shovel-shaped air intakes.gif
    option with shovel-shaped air intakes.gif
    38.9 KB · Views: 511
  • option with rotationally symmetrical air intakes.gif
    option with rotationally symmetrical air intakes.gif
    84.3 KB · Views: 518
  • front antenna and side view.gif
    front antenna and side view.gif
    104 KB · Views: 522
More pics:

Attachments

• optionally manned aircraft fleet in the Air Force in 2030.gif
    optionally manned aircraft fleet in the Air Force in 2030.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 110
  • ordnance.gif
    ordnance.gif
    40.1 KB · Views: 124
  • four-view.jpg
    four-view.jpg
    486.8 KB · Views: 107
  • variant with six-way ACU.gif
    variant with six-way ACU.gif
    24.8 KB · Views: 93
  • final layout, May 1, 2012.gif
    final layout, May 1, 2012.gif
    175.2 KB · Views: 94
  • front.gif
    front.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 68
  • variant with S-shaped air intake and variable sweep wing.gif
    variant with S-shaped air intake and variable sweep wing.gif
    313.2 KB · Views: 122
That´s some great pictures,thanks a lot for sharing.

regards

Pedro

only one question is it just me or there is side by side cockpit glass with a normal seat arrangement

I guess I should have rephrased my question, is paralay just a fellow aviation enthusiast? Is he a current, or former, aerospace engineer? Should his web site, drawings, and PDFs be considered fan art?

from what i read this project looks more like F-111 to me than ever before sorry but low level flight for a heavy interceptor and Trust vectoring and more and more why Paralay ? why a heavy fighter will hug the deck ? what's the point of this ? i dont see any
when i watch MiG-31BM i see fly'n S-400 when i look at MDP that you show i see a heavy version of 9К330 TOR just that nothing more

I've got a question: What is missing from Paralay's designs? I have a feeling that the use of the internal volume is too efficient...

That said - I rather liked his solutions for the PAK-FA weapon bays.

Avimimus said:
I have a feeling that the use of the internal volume is too efficient...

I suppose you meant "isn't too efficient"... ::)

Triton said:
I guess I should have rephrased my question, is paralay just a fellow aviation enthusiast? Is he a current, or former, aerospace engineer? Should his web site, drawings, and PDFs be considered fan art?

Paralay is Alexander Pachkov from Nizhny Novgorod. From the childhood he was avid enthusiast of aviation, and his ability to absorb, accumulate and share information is outstanding.
Some of his amateur children napkin-projects can be seen here http://paralay.com/paralay-project.html
After service in Russian Navy he worked at Sokol plant for some time at assembly line, so part of his job is onboard of some MiG-31s, -31Ms and - he ever saw some parts and drawings of 1.42
He has started Stealth-Machines site about 6 years ago AFAIR.
I don't know why he didn't go to aerospace college as I think that his place was at aerospace sector as much of his designs look quite rationale.
Sasha also has some strange numerology and conspiracy theories addiction that many doesn't like, but I'm trying not to trespass this area of his own world.

flateric said:
Sasha also has some strange numerology and conspiracy theories addiction that many doesn't like, but I'm trying not to trespass this area of his own world.

Perhaps this could partly explain why he didn't pursue a career in aeronautics? I guess conspirationists are not particularly appreciated, be it in the U.S., C.I.S. or anywhere else...

(As an aside: is "Sasha" really a nickname for "Alexander"?)

@Stargazer2006 : Sasha is derivative of Alexander in Bulgarian as Russian Sasho (Sasha in Russian) is often used for nickname for Alexander so the answer is yes
sorry for the offtop

Stargazer2006 said:
flateric said:

Perhaps this could partly explain why he didn't pursue a career in aeronautics? I guess conspirationists are not particularly appreciated, be it in the U.S., C.I.S. or anywhere else...

I don't see that. I've known many odd and successful engineers - and certainly a lot of scientists have had unusual opinions in areas outside of their direct sphere of practice.

An example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Newton%27s_occult_studies

Stargazer2006 said:
flateric said:

You should read up on John Parsons. Sometimes crazy, brilliant, and questionable all come in the same package. :eek:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Whiteside_Parsons

I spy a little yellow FSW prop plane on Paralay's site. That's both hilarious and awesome. B)

Back
Top Bottom