Latest additions to my book library

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Today, I bought

Jeff Ethell & Joe Christy - B-52 (Ian Allan Modern Combat Aircraft 8)
Mike Spick - Modern Fighting Aircraft B-1B (Salamander Aviation Fact File)
Doug Richardson - Modern Fighting Aircraft Tornado (Salamander Aviation Fact File)
Robert F Dorr - Grumman A-6 Intruder (Osprey Air Combat)

Total cost: £19

Not a bad buy!

Latest purchases:

Grumman's Mach-2 International F11F-1F Super Tiger
By Corwin "Corky" Meyer
Published by Steve Ginter, soft cover, 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches, 49 pages
Price: $10.98

Superb book for which was the F-104 contender in the international Mach 2 fighter market. But Lockheed sales department far better than that from Grumman. Several unbuilt versions illustrated.

BOMBARDIERS ET TORPILLEURS NAVALS AMERICAIN
Delai:3 semaines
DOC210
Alain PELLETIER, 1999, 50 pages, 100 photos NB et couleur, texte en français.

9,00 € TTC

A- COMME ATTAQUE MINIDOC 2
DOC202
( Alain PELLETIER ), 1997, 50 pages, 80 photos NB et couleur, profils couleur, plans, texte en français.

9,00 € TTC

Nice books with some unbuilt designs. Now I'm waiting for the Northrop volume :p

Went to the Aviation Bookshop in Tonbridge Wells (http://www.aviation-bookshop.com) and had a good nose around.

I bought the following:

Jay Miller, AeroGraph 1: General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon (Aerofax, 1982). The best book on the early development of the F-16 I've found, with plenty of interesting diagrams and unbuilt projects. My copy is perfect, and even includes an errata sheet and, somewhat bizarrely, a vinyl record in the back presumably with an appropriate soundtrack on it. £10

Bill Gunston, Modern Combat Aircraft 22: F/A-18 Hornet (Ian Allan, 1985) Nothing too special but I don't own an F/A-18 book and I'm collecting the whole series of these book. A bit expensive at £7.50 but its a good condition copy.

William G. Holder, The B-1 Bomber (Aero Series 32, 1982) Few nice pics of unbuilt projects, good source on the early B-1 program, only £4.95

James Perry Stevenson, McDonnell-Douglas F-15 Eagle (Aero Series 28, 1978) Surprisingly a lot of good projects stuff and also some nice technical information as well. Very nice book. £7.50

Joshua Stoff The Thunder Factory (Arms & Armour Press, 1990) an excellent history of Republic aircraft. Some interesting projects too. £7.50

I also picked up 2 x Air Enthusiasts @ £2 each

By my reckoning thats £48.95, but somehow it came to £38 and he even threw in August's Aviation News as well.

Grumman's Mach-2 International F11F-1F Super Tiger
By Corwin "Corky" Meyer
Published by Steve Ginter, soft cover, 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches, 49 pages
Price: $10.98

Superb book for which was the F-104 contender in the international Mach 2 fighter market. But Lockheed sales department far better than that from Grumman. Several unbuilt versions illustrated.

Hay Overscan
What the chances of seeing some of these 'Several unbuilt versions'of the Super Tiger ???

And does the book cover the behind the sceen shonky business dealings of the Lockheed marketing of the F-104, against the Super Tiger?

Regards
Pioneer