HamzaLippischh's Aviation artwork

lippischh

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.shapeways.com
Hi folks i decided to start this topic that will concern all the future 3D aviation projects from now, because it is more practical than putting every projects in its own topic and it will be intresting to see the progresses made.

Well, we start with this screenshot showing the Golovin IVS one of other works in progress, started this model today it has a simple geometry but the most intresting should be the textures details.

Cheers

Attachments

• scr1.jpg
    scr1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,404
Good start Hamza.
You know you need to model a pilot this time? No flying around without a pilot :p
Cheers,

Rob

BAROBA said:
You know you need to model a pilot this time? No flying around without a pilot :p

Not necessarily, when you put it on the launching ramp on the truck, as shown by the
Unicraft model (http://www.unicraft.biz/bigph/ivs.jpg ), the crew's then away for lunch.
Or with the escape hatch open, streaming smoke and a parachute in the distant background ?
But I'm sure, he'll have no problems with the pilot ! ;)

Many thanks guys, @BAROBA in previous renders of mine i used to use a free model pilot but now its time to model my own one im learning Zbrush and it could be an amazing to tool to model a human, @Jemiba those are some intresting scenes ideas maybe ill have to model the truck as well ;) and thanks for having confidence in my abilities.

Unfortunately, ive exams this week so my work will pause for a while so the attached image is the WIP as it looks right now

Cheers

Attachments

• IVS.jpg
    IVS.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,271
Im finally done with exams and it gone just well, so i spent some time with my golovin and here is the result.

going to start on Mapping and more details modeling, also start yet another projetctt which will be my own design and its a tailless glider.

Hope all of you guys are fine, cheers

Attachments

• pr.jpg
    pr.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,103
Thanks Stargazer ;) ,here is an attempt to a realistic old picture around 1941 as i often do.

Hope you like it

Attachments

• BW02l.png
    BW02l.png
    333.3 KB · Views: 77
These are great of course... but what is this line above the aircraft supposed to be? (pardon my ignorance)

Perhaps a smaller Golovin IVS in the distant background, with the parachutefully deployed
and visible would answer this question to the onlooker ?

Jemiba said:
Perhaps a smaller Golovin IVS in the distant background, with the parachutefully deployed and visible would answer this question to the onlooker ?

Excellent suggestion, Jens. I would also suggest perhaps making the cable a little less dark so it doesn't stick out so much in the picture.

The main reason i didnt put another golovin, is that the landing golovin is supposed to be an experimental version, that's why you can notice the white color scheme, the opened towing arm, the stuff on the rudder and so on.
i reworked the image a bit, and here is the result :

cheers

Attachments

• Landingrevised.jpg
    Landingrevised.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 477
After a certain time here's some new stuff, a supersonic jet bomber proposed by Stockel in 1955 with a quite unusual shape.

Hope you enjoy it, and to see full res : http://tinyurl.com/bubopzo

cheers

Attachments

• BEI-Volgasslow.jpg
    BEI-Volgasslow.jpg
    737 KB · Views: 436
Looks great, but either Stöckel was a bit late with his design, or it's something for
an alternative history, I think. In 1955 such an aircraft would have been decorated
with the iron cross instead of the "Balkenkreuz". And the camouflage scheme looks
quite pre-1945, too, as well as the "Hirschgeweih" antenna (SN 2 ?), which seems
not that plausible for such a fast bomber, too.

Jemiba said:
Looks great, but either Stöckel was a bit late with his design, or it's something for
an alternative history, I think. In 1955 such an aircraft would have been decorated
with the iron cross instead of the "Balkenkreuz". And the camouflage scheme looks
quite pre-1945, too, as well as the "Hirschgeweih" antenna (SN 2 ?), which seems
not that plausible for such a fast bomber, too.

Nice and accurate observations Jemiba, it is always better to keep excuses for ourself but i'd say that i thinked of a What if scenario, but definitely next render will be with post-war schemes.

Regards

A what-if is ok, but 1955 would be a little bit late. ;)
For modifying it into an aircraft of the Fewderal Republic, not that many changes will
be necessary, I think. Changing the green/dark green scheme into grey/dark green,
maybe with dayglow wing tips (the checker board on the tail already looks quite right)
and changing the crosses. And the squadron emblems actually aren't very different, too.

As an example a RF-84 (from http://www.flugzeuginfo.net/acimages/rf84f_luftwaffe_eb+341_kp.jpg)

Attachments

• RF-84_02.jpg
    RF-84_02.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 307
I think everyone who reads my screename in this forum would know my admiration to Alexander M. Lippisch and his work, i wanted to do something to his tribute, regarding that there are no color pics of him i decided to remasterize an old photograph of him and here's the result.

Hope you like it.

Attachments

• Comp.jpg
    Comp.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 242
After a period of pause in aviation artwork i decided to come back with a new project, that would be my own design now the overall shape is finished and it just needs additional details, this fighter is unnamed for the moment if you have any suggestion go ahead, well its a stealth forward swepted wing fighter. It wont have any control surfaces and will use flapless controls by ejecting compressed air from different locations and different angles.
We all know that computers now play a major role in flying unstable hence performant fighters, this fighter in particular will need a lot of computer assisting while flight due to the complexity of the flight controls.

Here's a screenshot :
Hope you enjoy

Attachments

• Fmantasnap.jpg
    Fmantasnap.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 67
You could call it the Springbok, maybe? It's a South African gazelle which is very slender and gracious and jumps very high and fast.

Anyway, I like it from an aesthetic viewpoint. It reminds me a lot of some Bell-Boeing designs of the 1990s.

My only concern is that all vertical surface are underneath. If Bell-Boeing gave their designs V-tails I think it must have been for a reason, not only in terms of aerodynamics but also RCS reduction. These downward tail fins would be a dead giveaway to radars I think.

Any other (and more knowledgeable) opinions on this?

@Stargazer: thanks for your reply, well springbok seems appropriate but i thought about Mantis regarding the double sweep wing similar to a mantis attacking arm posture.

for the vertical surfaces, im honestly more concerned about the aesthetic than the technical departement on this one but i also wanted to keep the intrados clean as it make most of the lift, the elevators are also holding a part of the landing gear.

cheers

Looks nice. Judging by the fixed design of the nozzle and the relatively low fineness ratio of the fuselage, I'm guessing this is a subsonic design?

I found this project unfinished on my hard drive, Lippisch's wingless aerodyne i think you may be familiar with this aircraft i worked without any blueprints but from a single skecth.

hope you like it.

full res : http://hamzalippisch.deviantart.com/art/Lipmil-386057664

Attachments

• lipmil_low.jpg
    lipmil_low.jpg
    553 KB · Views: 317
Hamzalippischh said:
hope you like it.

Do we like it? Is the Queen English?! ::)

What is there not to like about this? It's excellent all the way! :)