Register here

Author Topic: What new materials are there?  (Read 41075 times)

Online bobbymike

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
"I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death." - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Grey Havoc

• _ \\ //
To the Stars

Offline Grey Havoc

• _ \\ //
To the Stars

Offline Grey Havoc

• _ \\ //
To the Stars

Online bobbymike

"I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death." - Leonardo da Vinci

Online bobbymike

Offline Grey Havoc

• _ \\ //
To the Stars

Online bobbymike

Online bobbymike

Offline Grey Havoc

• _ \\ //
To the Stars

Offline CJGibson

• Top Contributor
  • I didn't get where I am today by...
Re: What new materials are there?
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2017, 05:55:31 am »
I can't find any mention of quasicrystals in this section, so here you are;

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2115570-third-ever-natural-quasicrystal-found-in-siberian-meteorite/

Good for frying pans apparently.

Chris

Online bobbymike