Daniel Uhr artwork

Geist said:
More than I, for sure. Congratulation for all the books!

I know you're author of many books, even though, I can imagine how difficult is to do it, I mean start from 0, gather the info, organize it, do the design book, corrections,...and worse to have money to publish it or to who knows find some publisher who wants to do it as a sponsorship.

Recently I did my first book with a friend, it was not easy due to the whole process involved in doing it.

About the XB 70 - Any link where I could take those information and also their 3views?
So, I will be able to compare the two prototypes and check their visual differences.
Regards
Daniel

P.S. Could ypu please, take a look at my site and telll me your impression
http://www.duhraviationart.com
I love your site - I sent images to your FB messages

Thank you very much for the comment :)
I saw it and already downloaded them. Thank you once more :)
Now I will study them to develop a good work (I hope so :) )

Beautiful artwork throughout this thread.

If I may, I would love to see a formation of B-70's using the AV1 design. IMHO, the dihedral of AV2 spoiled the lines of an extremely beautiful aircraft. AV1 possesses a look of raw power and speed.

Thank you for posting your art.

My mistake Steve. You are correct.

I mis-read the post, thinking he meant several "operational" B-70's flying in formation...

Man, I'm getting old.

Cheers from Texas

Hi
After a "long time", I'm back.
I know I still owe you a XB 70, but in this meantime I had to do some commissioned works and besides it I'm looking for a new pc, the one I was using is out of work.
Let's end with complaining about the problems and show those mentioned works.
I hope you enjoy them.
Regards,
Daniel.

The first is a Kfir

kfir_screen.jpg

Nice artwork, but I believe something's desperately wrong about that Kfir's proportions...

Stargazer2006 said:
Nice artwork, but I believe something's desperately wrong about that Kfir's proportions...

I think the issue is that the Kfir's "telephoto-ed." There's very little parallax distortion (although there's foreshortening) and if the apparent distance is not great enough, it seems too small in front, too big at rear. The smaller you view the picture, the more normal it will look. I've seen some of Mr. Uhr's works that have lots of parallax, to dramatic effect!

--Ian

Apteryx said:
Stargazer2006 said:

I think the issue is that the Kfir's "telephoto-ed." There's very little parallax distortion (although there's foreshortening) and if the apparent distance is not great enough, it seems too small in front, too big at rear. The smaller you view the picture, the more normal it will look. I've seen some of Mr. Uhr's works that have lots of parallax, to dramatic effect!

--Ian

Thanks Ian for the tip and comment. Certainly It'll give me parameter for the next projects and turn me more alert to these problems. :)
Only today I saw your post.
Soon I'll post some new works I did.
By the way Ian, is it good or not to have "lots of parallax, to dramatic effect!" ?
Regards,
Daniel.

Geist said:
Apteryx said:
Stargazer2006 said:

--Ian

Thanks Ian for the tip and comment. Certainly It'll give me parameter for the next projects and turn me more alert to these problems. :)
By the way Ian, is it good or not to have "lots of parallax, to dramatic effect!" ?
Regards,
Daniel.

Sorry, Daniel--I only saw YOUR post just now. Can you have too much parallax distortion? Maybe it's partly a matter of personal taste. I seem to have a high tolerance for sleek aircraft getting in my face. I like all your work, though, whatever the degree of "immediacy."
--Ian

Apteryx said:
Geist said:
Apteryx said:
Stargazer2006 said:

--Ian

Regards,
Daniel.

Sorry, Daniel--I only saw YOUR post just now. Can you have too much parallax distortion? Maybe it's partly a matter of personal taste. I seem to have a high tolerance for sleek aircraft getting in my face. I like all your work, though, whatever the degree of "immediacy."
--Ian

Hi Ian.
Thank you once more for the comment.
I'm glad to know that you like my work. :)

I know that this kind of style that I adopted is not largely appreciated.
It gives, sometimes, too much impact/dramaticity and people (in general) tend to choose less dramatic (at least, that what it seems to me) :) .

I, as can be seen in my latest works , prefer it under a impressive look. Reflect of my experience in the aeronautical area and my perception of the aircrafts.

As you said - it's a matter of personal taste.
Best regards
Thank you once more (Btw, apologise me for the delay in answering you)
Daniel Uhr

P.S. Whenever you or any one else wants to do a comment about my work, feel free to do it. They are always welcome, since it is grounded and contributes to the growth. :)

Hi
I've been out for while, due to the works I had to do.
Well, I'm posting two works I did recently.
Besides, one of these two became also a wallpaper (1921x1200px) that is available for free in my website at the news link.

http://www.duhraviationart.com

I hope you enjoy them.
Regards

Fouga - for box art

1011529_550896188292656_1305486896_n.jpg

Meteor - for box art

meteor_action.jpg

Jemiba said:
That's like those box art pictures, I cut out from catalogues years ago and pinned to the walls
of my room. Somehow your pictures bring back those times. Thank you ! :)

I thank you!
This "feeling" you reported in your text, brought me back to a time when I was ten years old and dreamt in doing the arts for the scale box kit and now I reached it. :)
Thank you

Beautiful artworks!

Regards.

PaulMM (Overscan) said:
I really liked the cover for American Secret Projects.

Thank you very much! :)
I did other book covers, soon I'm going to post here.

By the way, the art below is an Atlas Cheetah done for a scale model cover box.

Daniel, it is a real pleasure to be able to look at your various works of art! I hope I get to work with you again on Tony and my next project! And possibly others as well.

Very best wishes from a real fan.

AlanG

ACResearcher said:
Daniel, it is a real pleasure to be able to look at your various works of art! I hope I get to work with you again on Tony and my next project! And possibly others as well.

Very best wishes from a real fan.

AlanG

Hi Alan.
Thank you very much for the comment!!! :)
Certainly we're going to work together in your next project and so on!
The pleasure is mine to work with you and Tony, in fact an honor!
Best wishes from a fan of yours!

I can't find any information about this Dassault 117 project.
Any pointers?

dan_inbox said:
I can't find any information about this Dassault 117 project.
Any pointers?

Unfortunately no.
Until this work, I had no idea of its existence.
The few infos I received, I can not post it. Sorry.
I think the way to gain more info about it is acquiring the book.

Thanks for the explanation, Daniel.
Is it so secret that you can't even tell a period and a role ? like bomber 1955s or recce 1960s ?

And do you already know what is the planned title for this upcoming book?

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,26554.0.html
French Secret Projects 1: Post War Fighters by JC Carbonel

Really great job you did there, Daniel

Thank you, Arjen.
Book not yet released today, but the title already answer half my questions: Part 1 post war FIGHTERS.

And indeed a great artwork by Daniel.

dan_inbox said:
Thanks for the explanation, Daniel.
Is it so secret that you can't even tell a period and a role ? like bomber 1955s or recce 1960s ?

And do you already know what is the planned title for this upcoming book?

Not soooo secret ;)
It is a project from late 60's. Probably an interceptor, as written by author.
For me could also be a Spy plane due to its configuration - two engines that looks like the used in SR 71.

https://www.amazon.com/French-Secret-Projects-Post-Fighters/dp/1910809004/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1467929768&sr=1-1&keywords=french+secret+projects

Arjen said:
Really great job you did there, Daniel
dan_inbox said:
And indeed a great artwork by Daniel.

Thank you guys for the comment :)

Render IA-36 Condor by Aleklicho retouched to recreate tail "T", without reaching the quality of their work only to illustrate.

Attachments

• Copia (8) de t2dbuckeye.jpg
    Copia (8) de t2dbuckeye.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,235
  • Copia (7) de t2dbuckeye.jpg
    Copia (7) de t2dbuckeye.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,229
Motocar said:
Render IA-36 Condor by Aleklicho retouched to recreate tail "T", without reaching the quality of their work only to illustrate.

Looks great and close to the Tank's project.
Looks like a scale model ;)

I'm not so sure, but I think I mentioned a fifth work I did for Crecy besides the other covers shown here.
At the time I could not show this new work.
Here it is. I hope you enjoy it
da45d841888567.57b84ee5afeb2.jpg