Daniel Uhr artwork

Geist

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Website
www.duhraviationart.com
Hi
I'm new here and I would like to know your impression about my works.
Generally I do my illustrations using a vector software (e.g. Corel Draw or Illustrator) to do lines and structure and photoshop to paint it, but sometimes I do them using Rhino with Flamingo.
I'll post both.
For now I'll leave with my last work, a Gladiator, done in Corel and Photoshop.
Regards,

Daniel Uhr

Attachments

• glad_cover_screen.jpg
    glad_cover_screen.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,921
now a work done in Rhino is a Condor II
this postcard was promotional piece for the book titled

Lufwaffe Confidential - Fundamentals of Modern Aeronautical Design

The Condor II is in it but in another perspective

Regards

Attachments

• condorII_2_foto_tela.jpg
    condorII_2_foto_tela.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,901
Welcome!

Wow, the Gladiator is really beautiful!
I'm not sure I can say why. It has to do with the aspect of the subject
shown (a side view would be less dramatic for example) and the background
being in some kind of harmony. Very nice!

The Condor II is more of a simple side view. Cool airplane, but less dramatic.
Nice work though but I prefer the Gladiator.

It will be really cool if you take a shot at whatever concepts from here interest you!

Welcome again!

Thanks for the welcome and for the comments.
I do prefer the Gladiator too

The point of Condor II is that it was created just to illustrate itself (once it never flew) and because the only existent illustration of it reminds in somehow the Caravelle, at this way it couldn't figure out in the book. So I rebuild it all.

Soon I'll post others works
Thanks again
Regards

Great work, all of them !
Actually, my favourite is the Condor II, the first picture you've posted of it. It
comes very near to a real photo, whereas the Gladiator ) more looks like a
painting. Great, too, I just prefer the photostyle.

As Argentine the picture of Condor 2 is very appealing to me. Congrats for the illustration Daniel. Do you work for the book Japanese Secret project too?

Alcides said:
As Argentine the picture of Condor 2 is very appealing to me. Congrats for the illustration Daniel. Do you work for the book Japanese Secret project too?

Yes!
I did some works for it, like Shinryu (action and 3vies), Ohka bi-place (action and 3vies), among others.
I cant remember exactly how many I did, but certainly I had a lot of work to do them :)

Concerning to the Condor II, in the book (Luftwaffe Confidential), there are other projects done in Argentina that is shown in it.

Just happened on this topic, Daniel, and there's some nice stuff here.

I'm especially thrilled by the fake Condor II postcard. Exactly my kind of stuff! Hope you can do more imaginary documents like that in the future.

Certainly
I have some works that I did. I'll post them.
The first is the Besouro. It's a Brazilian project build but never flown on 50's. It would be their first operational jet (pulse jet).

Attachments

• itp_besouro_screen.jpg
    itp_besouro_screen.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,022
This framework was done and sent as a gift to say thanks to someone who had kindly colaborated with us, in the book project, writing the forewords - Capt Eric Brown - RAF's CO of "Enemy Flight" at the end of WWII. (He flight-tested 53 German aircraft like Me 262, Me 163, He 162, Ar 234, Ta 154, among others)

For luck and coincidence the framework arrived almost at his birthday's day

He was very enthusiastically with it, what made me glad and proud.
eric_brbown.jpg

Wow, awesome and beautiful drawing!, Thanks for sharing it with us.

EXCELLENT! How about the two XB-70A aircraft flying together in formation - wingtips full down at 65 degrees - -SP

Hi Daniel,
Good to see you on here! For everyone else, in addition to the books and other illustrations on here, Daniel also did the main illustration on our latest International Resin Modellers Association IRMAKit No. 5CTA Heliconair HC-I Convertiplano! It came out really great and Daniel also helped with the final kit design since his illustrations could show us in 3-D the overall design details. Thanks again, Daniel!
Best regards,
Zane

Attachments

• Heliconair_HC-I_II_box_art_3_97224246_std.jpg
    Heliconair_HC-I_II_box_art_3_97224246_std.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 277
Always been a fan of your lovely work Daniel and to have it here is a bonus.
Thank you for sharing.
Peter

EXCELLENT! How about the two XB-70A aircraft flying together in formation - wingtips full down at 65 degrees - -SP

I dunno. The last time a B-70 was in a formation flight, it didn't work out well.

they never flew in formation - one did with an F-104 and it didn't work out too well

zanenobbs said:
Hi Daniel,
Good to see you on here! For everyone else, in addition to the books and other illustrations on here, Daniel also did the main illustration on our latest International Resin Modellers Association IRMAKit No. 5CTA Heliconair HC-I Convertiplano! It came out really great and Daniel also helped with the final kit design since his illustrations could show us in 3-D the overall design details. Thanks again, Daniel!
Best regards,
Zane

Hi Zane
That's really good to see you here too and thank you for the kind words :) and whenever you need a help you know how to find me. :)

Flitzer said:
Always been a fan of your lovely work Daniel and to have it here is a bonus.
Thank you for sharing.
Peter

Thank you Peter. I'm really glad that you are a fan of my work as well as many others that posted here giving a positive feedback about my work. Thank you all.

The number two XB-70A had 5-deg wing dihedral whereas the number XB-70A does not - also No. 2 had a black radome and No. 1 does not. I wrote two books, two articles on the Valkyrie and I know a few things about them. -SP

More than I, for sure. Congratulation for all the books!

I know you're author of many books, even though, I can imagine how difficult is to do it, I mean start from 0, gather the info, organize it, do the design book, corrections,...and worse to have money to publish it or to who knows find some publisher who wants to do it as a sponsorship.

Recently I did my first book with a friend, it was not easy due to the whole process involved in doing it.

About the XB 70 - Any link where I could take those information and also their 3views?
So, I will be able to compare the two prototypes and check their visual differences.
Regards
Daniel

P.S. Could ypu please, take a look at my site and telll me your impression
http://www.duhraviationart.com

The EF 128 is by far my favorite. Colors, setting, rendering... it has everything!