Register here

Author Topic: Lockheed Martin F-35: News ONLY topic  (Read 276975 times)

Offline bring_it_on

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
  • I really should change my personal text
Re: Lockheed Martin F-35: News ONLY topic
« Reply #1125 on: June 19, 2017, 04:30:39 pm »
Old radar types never die; they just phased array - Unknown

Offline FighterJock

« Reply #1126 on: June 20, 2017, 08:00:36 am »
Luke Air Force Base is to resume flying the F-35A tomorrow 21st June after the Oxygen problem.  They still do not know what caused the issue in the first place.

http://f35.com/news/detail/luke-to-resume-local-f-35a-flying-operations

Offline bobbymike

« Reply #1127 on: June 22, 2017, 06:03:04 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/Militarydotcom/videos/10155060144634270/

About SDB IIs but inside the belly of the F-35 "half model"
"I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death." - Leonardo da Vinci

Ian33

« Reply #1128 on: June 23, 2017, 02:44:30 am »
https://www.facebook.com/Militarydotcom/videos/10155060144634270/

About SDB IIs but inside the belly of the F-35 "half model"

Now that's going to be a nice persistence upgrade for the F35

Offline bring_it_on

« Reply #1129 on: June 23, 2017, 03:51:02 am »
Screen grabs from the video..SDB II IOC on the B/C is planned by January 2022. F-35A IOC was a year later but they are working to get it within that timeframe as well. The F-15E gets it early 2019 followed by the Predator iirc.

Offline bobbymike

"I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death." - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline SpudmanWP

« Reply #1131 on: June 23, 2017, 11:22:58 pm »
Flight operations for the F-35B are halted in Yuma.... for just one day.

Also, they are headed to Red Flag in a few weeks.

Flight operations in Marine Fighter Attack Squadron (VMFA) 211 resumed after a temporary one-day suspension to fix a problem related to a software update with the aircraft’s Autonomic Logistics Information System, the Marine Corps announced.

“Maj. Gen. Mark Wise, Commanding General of 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, made the decision to temporarily suspend VMFA-211 flight operations pending fixes to a recent ALIS software upgrade within version 2.0.2 that has presented some anomalies,” 3rd Aircraft Wing spokesman Maj. Kurt Stahl said in a Thursday afternoon statement, noting that those anomalies “are related to maintenance codes not being reflected properly in the system.”
“There is nothing wrong with the performance or safety of the aircraft itself, but it is imperative that we ensure the ground-based ALIS system is working properly before flight operations continue. The Joint Program Office and Lockheed Martin have dispatched system engineers to help resolve these issues associated with the ALIS software update.”

F-35 Joint Program Office and Lockheed Martin officials began working on the software immediately to resolve the anomalies.

“The F-35 Joint Program Office (JPO) and Lockheed Martin Action Team has identified the root cause and generated the software fix to resolve the issues identified by the USMC with their F-35 MCAS Yuma based Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS), the management backbone for the F-35 Lightning II,” the JPO announced in a Friday evening statement.
“With this fix, VMAF-211 at MCAS Yuma resumed flight operations today. The JPO with LM will continue to monitor and improve ALIS performance to ensure our warfighters have the required F-35 air systems to operate safely and effectively.”

“The issues associated with the ALIS software update have been mitigated at MCAS Yuma. The performance and safety of the aircraft itself was not compromised by this software update. Reliability of equipment and safety of our personnel are among the Marine Corps’ top priorities as we continue transitioning our legacy aircraft to the F-35 in the coming years,” the Marine Corps added in the Friday evening statement.

Stahl said only VMFA-211 was affected by the stand-down, which does not apply to the Japan-based VMFA-121. Marine Corps headquarters spokeswoman Capt. Sarah Burns told USNI News earlier on Friday that VMFA-121 had not yet uploaded the software update and would wait for a fix to be discovered before installing the new ALIS software for its squadron. VMFA-211 was the first to attempt the software update and therefore was the one to discover the issues, she said.

VMFA-211 had been conducting day-to-day flight operations in Yuma, Ariz., and preparing for the Red Flag combat training exercise at Nellis Air Force Base beginning July 10, Stahl said, noting that the squadron still intends to participate in the exercise despite the short pause in operations.

https://news.usni.org/2017/06/23/26413
WE4-45-1-08     OMHIWDMB
"The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Offline fredymac

« Reply #1132 on: June 28, 2017, 03:51:05 am »

Offline bobbymike

Offline Grey Havoc

• _ \\ //
To the Stars

Offline seruriermarshal

« Reply #1135 on: June 30, 2017, 05:57:56 pm »
 ;D

missile test

Offline SpudmanWP

« Reply #1136 on: June 30, 2017, 07:20:36 pm »
Bigger pics

WE4-45-1-08     OMHIWDMB

Offline bring_it_on

« Reply #1137 on: July 03, 2017, 07:59:25 am »
USAF lab to start testing F-35 OBOGS this month as part of root-cause investigation

The 711th Human Performance Wing at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH, expects to begin assessing the F-35 Onboard Oxygen Generating System in a few weeks to help identify the root cause of a spate of recent physiological symptoms reported by pilots at Luke Air Force Base, AZ.

The wing began preparing its OBOGS laboratory June 20 and service spokesman Daryl Mayer told Inside Defense June 29 the team is likely “one to two weeks” from starting testing.

“Reconfiguration of the lab is nearing completion,” Mayer said. “Testing will begin after the lab is set up and passes check-out.”

He said the OBOGS lab at Wright-Patterson AFB was selected because of its simulation environment.

Luke AFB paused F-35A flights from June 9 to 21 after five pilots reported incidents of hypoxia-like symptoms. The service has not identified a root cause and has instituted some flight restrictions for F-35A pilots at the base.

Mayer said the 711th Human Performance Wing is working closely with the Navy Medical Research Unit to look broadly at potential causes of the pilots' symptoms. Air Force officials have said the incidents could be linked to a flaw in the OBOGS metering system -- which determines how much oxygen a pilot receives at different altitudes. Mayer said the team has not ruled out any possible causes and that oxygen metering will be just one focus of the assessment.

“OBOGS oxygen metering is done with an algorithm or control logic in the F-35,” he said. “One of our objectives is to verify the F-35 OBOGS control logic is working correctly.”

The JPO is leading the root cause investigation and, once the team identifies corrective actions, will coordinate a process for validating possible fixes, Mayer said, noting it is likely NAMRU and the wing will help develop and test the solutions.

“Once root cause(s) are identified, if system fixes are recommended, we will assist the JPO, as needed and as they direct, in assessing and verifying the effectiveness of any fixes as they're developed,” he said.

Offline Grey Havoc

• _ \\ //
To the Stars

Offline SpudmanWP

« Reply #1139 on: July 17, 2017, 07:48:54 pm »
Wait... you mean to tell me that when I buy a fighter with new tech that I also need to plan for future upgrades, spare parts, and that I need to make sure that I have the same radios if I want to take advantage of its stealth capability????.................

Say it ain't so..........

Next thing you'll be telling me is that I need to buy fuel and weapons for it.

::)
WE4-45-1-08     OMHIWDMB