Iran manned space capsule program

antigravite

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hi,

First concept image of Iran's manned space capsule project as unveiled last month by the Iranian Space Agency in Naples, Italy, during the International Astronautical Congress. They had a booth and displayed a poster wherein the capsule image was exhibited.

Other 3D CGI images surfaced since then.

Attachments

• Iran-space-manned-capsule-201210-01.jpg
    Iran-space-manned-capsule-201210-01.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 588
  • Iran-space-manned-capsule-201210-02.jpg
    Iran-space-manned-capsule-201210-02.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 591
antigravite,

The top image I have seen before but could you please provide a sources for the CGI image you posted?

chuck4,

As several manned space capsules design concepts often are. To me, it's more similar the Chinese proposal decades ago for a manned spacecraft based on the FSW satellites.

Eagle2009 said:
antigravite,

The top image I have seen before but could you please provide a sources for the CGI image you posted?

chuck4,

As several manned space capsules design concepts often are. To me, it's more similar the Chinese proposal decades ago for a manned spacecraft based on the FSW satellites.

Here are the links.

http://www.b14643.de/Spacerockets_1/Rest_World/Simorgh-IRILV/Description/Text.htm

image link:

http://www.b14643.de/Spacerockets_1/Rest_World/Simorgh-IRILV/Gallery/Capsule.jpg

chuck4 said:
Shaped just like a warhead.

Actually, the shape may be the same, but a warhead would enter nose first and a capsule tail first, so significantly different design.

Definitely more a Dragon-alike rather than any possible warhead shape, as Blackstar has pointed out.

Eagle2009 said:
antigravite,

chuck4,

I believe aborted Chinese warhead shaped manned capsule from 1970s were based on a film recovery capsule for a film based photo recon satellite, which in turn is based on the warhead reentry vehicle of its first strategic ballistic missile.

chuck4 said:
Eagle2009 said:
antigravite,

chuck4,

I believe aborted Chinese warhead shaped manned capsule from 1970s were based on a film recovery capsule for a film based photo recon satellite, which in turn is based on the warhead reentry vehicle of its first strategic ballistic missile.

Yes, the shape is reminiscent of the first chinese manned spaceflight program (Shuguang 1) whose story started to spread in between 2005 and 2007.

antigravite said:
Yes, the shape is reminiscent of the first chinese manned spaceflight program (Shuguang 1) whose story started to spread in between 2005 and 2007.

Didn't the Chinese have one that looked a lot like Gemini?

Hi,

Chinese bbs are quite remarkable to serendipitiously find Iranian related projects information. I came across these oldies today (a topic in which I lost interest). I suspect the pict-like "image" is most likely a photorealistic CGI artwork, based on both poster information, and representative CGI modeling.

image source: http://forum.china.org.cn/viewthread.php?tid=175439&extra=page%3D1
(where you'll also find visual material on North Korea's manned space program iconography to put it mildly.)

A.

Attachments

• 28.11.1393-01.jpg
    28.11.1393-01.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 262
  • 10.12.1393-01-01.jpg
    10.12.1393-01-01.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 259
  • inv-cap_c.jpg
    inv-cap_c.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 256
blackstar said:
antigravite said:
Hi,

Chinese bbs are quite remarkable to serendipitiously find Iranian related projects information. I came across these oldies today (a topic in which I lost interest). I suspect the pict-like "image" is most likely a photorealistic CGI artwork, based on both poster information, and representative CGI modeling.

If you look over on the NSF discussion board you'll find these and other related images. I think they built a full scale mockup of that one you refer to.

Thx you're right. Didn't do my homework. Picts attached in next post. And reading through various media, Iran was even supposedly intending to launch its capsule prototype on a suborbital mission later this year!

A.

(old?) Mockup! Pictures! Show! … Well… just found on a separate forum and reposted here unchanged (not renamed) for the sake of updating this thread. This is not my area of expertise nor interest, so feel free to comment / correct / edit / complete / usual blah blah.

A.

Attachments

• index11.jpg
    index11.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 25
  • index6.jpg
    index6.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 2844333-4231042.jpg
    2844333-4231042.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 34
  • -3.jpg
    -3.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 34
  • -2.jpg
    -2.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 20
  • -1.jpg
    -1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 17
More…
A.

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 192
  • 3413805_709.jpg
    3413805_709.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 123
  • inv-cap_c2.jpg
    inv-cap_c2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 120
Interesting, a strange mixture between the McDonnell Mercury and a SpaceX Dragon.

Interesting is that Picture here
index.php

Is that a Ballistic trajectory profile ?

can some one translate the text on picture ?