Register here

Author Topic: Russian seaplane jet fighter(s) - did any exist? Help needed  (Read 2636 times)

Offline ACResearcher

• Author: "Consolidated Mess, Vol. 1", "American Secret Projects - Fighters Bombers and Attack aircraft 1937-1945" with Tony Buttler; "American Ramjaegers", The Aviation Historian
  • Top Contributor
  • CLEARANCE: Secret
  • Author/researcher/illustrator.
Russian seaplane jet fighter(s) - did any exist? Help needed
« on: October 26, 2012, 02:07:57 pm »
I'm looking into the whole genre of seaplane jet fighters a la Convair Sea Dart and the Saunders Roe bird. Specifically, I'm trying to find out if the Russians had any similar projects, what they were called and where I might find some information.

Thanks in advance.

AlanG/ACresearcher

Offline PlanesPictures

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret

Offline ACResearcher

• Author: "Consolidated Mess, Vol. 1", "American Secret Projects - Fighters Bombers and Attack aircraft 1937-1945" with Tony Buttler; "American Ramjaegers", The Aviation Historian
  • Top Contributor
  • CLEARANCE: Secret
  • Author/researcher/illustrator.
Re: Russian seaplane jet fighter(s) - did any exist? Help needed
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 09:39:34 pm »
Most interesting. And I see it is one of Jozef's pieces of art.

Was there a longer string about this aircraft? I'm looking for later 1940s/early 50s designs and this looks a bit more modern. I'd like to learn more.

Thanks very much for your help.

AlanG

Offline Abraham Gubler

Re: Russian seaplane jet fighter(s) - did any exist? Help needed
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 09:58:22 pm »
Soviet Secret Projects: Fighters since 1945  by Tony Buttler and Yefim Gordon has about half a page on Soviet flying boat fighters. Basically in 1955 TsAGI proposed two designs for supersonic hydroski fighters but no one was interested in taking it further.
"There is a tendency in our planning to confuse the unfamiliar with the improbable." Thomas Schelling

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
It takes a long time, before all mistakes are made ...