twin boom aircraft

perseus

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Can anyone help, please, and identify this?

Attachments

• 1171438144_1498442142.jpg
    1171438144_1498442142.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 171
Attachment won't show until you've posted at least 15 or 20 times on the forum...

In Combattimento Santangelo, Combattimento translates as fighter plane (heavy fighter here, while Intercettore would translate as Interceptor). Source: Google Translate English/Italian

A single engine derivative has been invented in 2023 by myself, it is not fake as not pretended true, but it is a simple (anachronic, smilingly) dream, impossible: a single engine pusher would not feature so large booms. Source: my fantasy dreams.

Attachments

• combatimento-santangelo-1p.jpg
    combatimento-santangelo-1p.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 66
OK, farewell forever now. You just don't understand the fake concept, intended to pretend true which is false, while gentle dream has no relation to this, you realists keep on insulting me, so I quit. Be happy with your full and proud intolerance.

You just don't understand the fake concept, intended to pretend true which is false, while gentle dream has no relation to this,
It is not about tolerance or intolerance, it is about selecting the proper place.
This forum has sections for historical research, where verified information is the aim,
and it has sections for Discussion and Speculation, with space for User Artwork and such.
It even has different sections for fakes (intent to lie) vs artwork and speculation.

No need to act outraged, your "inventions" would be welcome in the right section.

I love a good what-if drawing as much as anyone, I've drawn plenty in my time. I've long been aware of your "Forked Ghosts" creations and enjoyed them. You could easily make a thread in the Theoretical, Fake and Generic Projects section to share your asymmetric and twin-boom inventions in one place.

It's a practical consideration, as Dan says "Secret (Unbuilt) Projects" areas are for historical research and sharing real never-built projects. A reconstruction of an actual plan to make a faded document legible or to fill in detail is acceptable, but a 'what-if' or a 'fake' version could be misleading and should be separate in the "Discussion and Speculation" areas to avoid anyone grabbing the image without the textual context from this site and proclaiming its real, or worse, asking us if its real and members here having to wrack their brains to work out a non-existent puzzle.
Paul's posting guidelines make this clear.

Tophe's drawing is labelled and is not the worst offender I've seen. I'm only the moderator for the naval section - not a global mod - but it would be good if members could remember this, I've seen a few of these "what-if's" turning up lately, hence the reminder.