[/font]

Wil said:
Hi!

J-20/Su-35 engine size comparison

J-20/Su-30 size comparison

Good luck!

Not sure what you're speculating about.

Me too !?? :eek: ::)

IMO the one on top is difficult to use (does it have the same scale ??), since it seems only to have scaled the nozzle diameters to the same size.

On the other side that's not a real problem since - even if we still don't have clear shots of the AB-arrangement like flameholder and so on - I'm convinced that CAC once again turned to Saturn to use an AL-31FN vesion.

Deino

Deino said:
...since it seems only to have scaled the nozzle diameters to the same size.

Deino

That's the idea!
We assume that both aircrafts have Russian engines such as Al-31.
The J-20 truly has a great size.

Wil

Bad choice of pictures lead to bad assumptions. Are the exhausts both open to the same angle?

We've been over this before, I see nothing interesting or useful in your pictures to add to the previous calculations done.

overscan said:
I see nothing interesting or useful in your pictures
Hold on now, that second picture is great.
It shows 2002, the second prototype. Which means you can now claim that there are two flying J-20s and actually be credible when you do so.

What? Have you seen the last thread? It is full of 2002 pics at the end.

flanker said:
What? Have you seen the last thread? It is full of 2002 pics at the end.

Dude, your sarcasm detector is broken. Might want to check the batteries ;D

Sean was alluding to the overheated "two prototypes" discussions when the first prototype was unveiled.

Second flight of 2002:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-x7vSuDGTI&feature=plcp

Whenever I see J-20 videos I can't help but wonder if the residents know what a blue sky looks like.

sferrin said:
Whenever I see J-20 videos I can't help but wonder if the residents know what a blue sky looks like.

Part of it has something to do with air pollution but the climate in Chengdu is mostly responsible for the foggy weather.

sferrin said:

Obviously you've never lived in Seattle, it all looks perfectly normal to me! :)

RSF said:
sferrin said:

Obviously you've never lived in Seattle, it all looks perfectly normal to me! :)
Or in Tacoma! -SP

Test flight on 12 June 2012 ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O8ijQt_vDI

I still can't quite mentally reconcile China, land of the execution van and forced labour with China, where you can film this sort of thing and stick it on YouTube.

And what's with the flexible tail? :eek:

You can film it because China wants it to be filmed as proof of how powerful they are becoming. Its not like they couldn't have been doing all of this at an isolated base had they wished.

Gridlock said:
So get the guy off the stepladder and build a planespotter stand already :)

And get him a decent camera. I'm tired of the Keystone Cops jerky framerate.

... at least these are slightly better !

Attachments

• J-20 2002 - 14.6.12 - 1.jpg
    J-20 2002 - 14.6.12 - 1.jpg
    821.7 KB · Views: 696
  • J-20 2002 - 14.6.12 - 2.jpg
    J-20 2002 - 14.6.12 - 2.jpg
    854.2 KB · Views: 501
  • J-20 2002 - 14.6.12 - 3.jpg
    J-20 2002 - 14.6.12 - 3.jpg
    860.6 KB · Views: 444
  • J-20 2002 - 14.6.12 - 4.jpg
    J-20 2002 - 14.6.12 - 4.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 411
  • J-20 2002 - 14.6.12 - 5.jpg
    J-20 2002 - 14.6.12 - 5.jpg
    851.4 KB · Views: 395
  • J-20 2002 - 14.6.12 - 6.jpg
    J-20 2002 - 14.6.12 - 6.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 100
  • J-20 2002 - 2001.jpg
    J-20 2002 - 2001.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 104
Is this photo ok ??? :eek:

Attachments

• J-20 2002 - 12.6.12 closeup.jpg
    J-20 2002 - 12.6.12 closeup.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 127
Looks all right. Reveals some lines and rivets. A bit more of quality shots and we'll probably get some good panel shapes

Attachments

• j20.jpg
    j20.jpg
    819.6 KB · Views: 110
consealed said:
It looks no difference from 2001.

Sorry if my comment was misleading and You are correct that besides that new pitot and the ability to close the MLG dors while taxying the only "new" observation is this yellowthink with these <> corners.

Otherwise I think this shape is interesting ... but again not new !

Attachments

• J-20 strange nose +.jpg
    J-20 strange nose +.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 126
Hey, correct me if I'm wrong, but in the final few seconds of the video posted by Deino ( many thanks) you can see the backs of as many as FOUR J-20s lined up :eek: !

Deino said:
Sorry if my comment was misleading and You are correct that besides that new pitot and the ability to close the MLG dors while taxying the only "new" observation is this yellowthink with these <> corners.
It is quite possible that this part already exists on #2001 but was painted black from the outset and therefore not as visible.

Deino said:
Otherwise I think this shape is interesting ... but again not new !

That notch in the nose mold line is probably where the forward-looking MAWS sensor is located, IMHO.

Foxglove said:
Hey, correct me if I'm wrong, but in the final few seconds of the video posted by Deino ( many thanks) you can see the backs of as many as FOUR J-20s lined up :eek: !

Photoshop is amazing isn't it?

sferrin said:
Foxglove said:

You can't exclude it, but when the first photos of the J-20 surfaced, many, including me, suspected PS might've been employed. Please note it hasn't been settled unequivocally yet whether a/c no. 2001 had two differrent engine types fitted, or there were/are two different examples bearing the same bort number. If the latter is true, we already have at least three examples. And how long was it before Chinese authorities officially admitted the existence of the J-20 after the type's photos flooded the net? When it comes to military technology, the official story is usually far behind the current state of affairs.

sferrin said:
Foxglove said:

Yep ... was already posted in the first tread !

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,11768.msg151931.html#msg151931

New takeoff video of 2002:

While every one is still focused on the olympics:

Olympics ??
eek.png
eek.png
... there are Olypics at the moment ??
confused.png

Here are two quite recent images :-*

Attachments

• J-20 2002 - 6.8.12. - 2jpg.jpg
    J-20 2002 - 6.8.12. - 2jpg.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 95
  • J-20 2002 - 6.8.12. - 3.jpg
    J-20 2002 - 6.8.12. - 3.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 111
Hi!!!

A new comparison Su-35 / J-20.

B)

Attachments

• j20_su35_comp.jpg
    j20_su35_comp.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 125
Bit off topic here, but relevant.

I was going through an old flash drive of mine when I came across this picture:
Something%20cool.jpg

Last time I used this flash drive was several years ago before the J-20 was revealed, but it matches almost perfectly the center plane. The upper plane is that new Trainer the Chinese have, but I'm more interested in the lower one, which seems to line up well with that plane we've seen pictures of on the highways. Could this image have been a leak years ago from maybe a Chinese PowerPoint showcasing the future PLAAF airfleet? Just seems too creepy with how things have lined up so far.

I doubt it. The j-20's shape has been circulating around the web under the term j-xx years before the unveiling.

Attachments

• jxx_05.jpg
    jxx_05.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 852