Convair F-106A Supersonic Transport (minimum conversion)

Super coolest awesome Sir... :)
Very Happy Holidays

w/ the fear of sounding tired/lame..have you ever considered a USN F-111 transport? ;D

jsport said:
w/ the fear of sounding tired/lame..have you ever considered a USN F-111 transport? ;D

No worry you don't bother me, btw is the first time I hear about a F-111B as USN transport, did you have some reference material about that, or it only a "what if"?

If the second case, usually I don't like to realize "what if" concepts (there is a lot of people skillest than me about that) preferring to concentrate on real design or really designed (even if unbuilt) aircrafts and space vehicles. :)

fine art work, archipeppe

for my part i wanna fly in this,
but on Seat in flight direction, headphone and the stewardess can sit on my lap...

Michel Van said:
fine art work, archipeppe

for my part i wanna fly in this,
but on Seat in flight direction, headphone and the stewardess can sit on my lap...

You're always kind Michel, and for the rest I fully agree with you... ;)

Thinking about Michels wishful thinking I had the idea, that after their military career some of them
could have had a second, civilian life in a Virgin Atlantic, or perhaps a Red Bull colour scheme ... ;D

Jemiba said:
Thinking about Michels wishful thinking I had the idea, that after their military career some of them
could have had a second, civilian life in a Virgin Atlantic, or perhaps a Red Bull colour scheme ... ;D

i had BARDAF in mind and this stewardess...

Attachments

• Natacha-laptop.jpg
    Natacha-laptop.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,785
yes, unfortunately a F-111 transport would be a WHIF that appeared on 'What if Forum' but only as sketch not as a model. don't beleive anyone has tryed that.

Archipeppe,

Fascinating design and excellent illustration. I have never seen this aircraft before.

Would have been very interesting to be a passenger, especially after the pilot ejects...LOL.

Happy New Year to all.

SAustin16 said:
Archipeppe,

Would have been very interesting to be a passenger, especially after the pilot ejects...LOL.

No lavatory either ;D

Shared from the theme "Civilian versions of bomber aircraft" just to complement ....!

Cutaway Convair F-106A SST Project conversion, modified by Motocar

Attachments

• Cutaway Convair F-106A SST  project convertion.jpg
    Cutaway Convair F-106A SST project convertion.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 373
What would be the potential range for such an adaptation?

Foo Fighter said:
What would be the potential range for such an adaptation?

According Dennis R. Jenkins

This F-106A Label as "Supersonic Command Transport" it goal,
"For rapid transportation of Command Staff personnel in emergency situations in the minimum of Time"
Convair had the Follow range planned:

2600 nautical miles at mach 0.95
650 nautical miles at mach 1.8

Source:
Aeropace projects V3N2 page 3