HMS Eagle - late 60's/early 70's drawings or plans

aemann

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Website
www.bisbos.com
Hi all,

Wonder if any of you Naval types might be able to help out and save me many hours of fruitless Googling! I'm looking for a set of drawings / plans of HMS Eagle, from sometime towards the end of it's career - ~1970 would be great. I need to build a very rough 3D model for use in an illustration - I'm sure there's somewhere completely obvious to look, but ships... not my area of expertise. Thanks in advance!

Not really the answer you wanted but the Navy/NMM chose HMS Eagle to be the one ship that they saved "all" the construction drawings for, so there are thousands of drawings in hundreds of boxes available for study (!) That would keep anyone happy.

(The "all" is because there were many items which were "standard" [e.g. junction boxes] which came ready assembled, but the basic dimensions are there.)

Thanks for the info - I fear that may be a level of detail too far by several orders of magnitude! If ever I decide to construct the absolute reference model of Eagle, that'll be the place to go!

Cheers

Adrian

Hi Adrian
Sent some stuff over can probably get more if required.
Cheers
Geoff

I came across this thread looking for the similar plans of HMS Eagle for similar reasons (i.e. a desire to build a 3D virtual model). The holdings at NMM are great, but at more than £70 per copy they are prohibitively expensive for my small project! Any help, advice or just moral support greatly appreciated! ;)

Andy