Tangmere museum

bob225

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Have just returned from a family break to the south coast (England). During the visit we stopped by and spent a couple of hours looking around tangmere aviation museum, well worth a visit!!!

They've got only a few aircraft, but have a phantom, sea harrier, lightning etc. most interesting are two high speed flight a/c, a meteor and Neville dukes bright red hunter, beautiful!

There's loads to see, my personal favourite was the lightning simulator, running Microsoft flight sim, but basically attached to a working copy of a lightning cockpit with ejector seat, real stick & throttles, the works! A go in the lightning is free, although a donation is appreciated, and only fair.

bob225 said:
There's loads to see, my personal favourite was the lightning simulator, running Microsoft flight sim, but basically attached to a working copy of a lightning cockpit with ejector seat, real stick & throttles, the works! A go in the lightning is free, although a donation is appreciated, and only fair.

My inner ten year old is weeping for joy. That's one more place to visit when next I go back to Britain.