Revised Posting Guidelines - PLEASE READ

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Before you create a new topic please

1) Search the forum and make sure there isn't a topic already.

2) Think about what you are posting. Try to post a sensible topic, like a specific aircraft, or manufacturer, or country. Try to make the title descriptive.

It is commendable, and has been explicitly requested by myself, to arrange the topics on the forum in a way that makes it easy for reseachers find out what they need. Though, please consider that if individual projects are very similar it is better to aggregate projects in more general topics. There are no clear cut rules, I have to appeal to the common sense of the very bright people that post here and have made the Early Projects section I and my friend Lark moderate almost as flamboyant as the juggernaut of this forum, the Post-War Projects section.
Besides this, and this APPLIES EVERYWHERE AND EVERYTIME (strong emphasis): please always refer the source of the picture and drawings info, expecially when it is clearly from published sources (if you don't know, just say, I cannot identify the source). We, individually and as a community, have already encountered upset copyright holders, don't want to reiterate the experience. Please, take notice and correct with the modify function your past topics as far as you can or is possible. More importantly, do this for the future, please.

If a post is worth posting, its worth creating a topic which is appropriate for it. These multi-page "Various Dornier Projects" type threads are really annoying. By all means, post related designs in one topic, but if the only link is that they share a manufacturer, that's really not useful.

Consider individual topics per design, or per requirement / design competition.

When posting in general, consider -

• what is the source of this information? Wikipedia is not usually a suitable source, nor deviantart or similar sites.
  • Does this post actually add to the existing knowledge in the topic? Have you checked earlier posts to make sure the image or information hasn't already been posted?
  • Is the image a photo or an original manufacturer-originated drawing? If it's 'fan art' it isn't appropriate here.

Repeated breach of these guidelines will result in post moderation, and posts which do not meet the guidelines will be deleted.

Last edited:
Though, please consider that if individual projects are very similar it is better to aggregate projects in more general topics. There are no clear cut rules, I have to appeal to the common sense of the very bright people that post here and have made the Early Projects section I and my friend Lark moderate almost as flamboyant as the juggernaut of this forum, the Post-War Projects section.