Maveric

Fight for yor Right!
Reaction score
M.A. 1 sporting biplane project
M.A. 2 sporting biplane project
M.A. 3 Maverick sporting biplane
M.A. 4 Lancer sporting biplane
M.A. 5 Charger sporting biplane

Anybody had drawings of the first two designs...

Re: Edward Marquardt aircraft

You make us confuse Maveric,

what was that designer and from which country ?,I know Marquardt M.14
helicopter,but it was for Roy Marquardt,also I know anther designs to him,
but please explain to us,what do you mean ?.

My mistake not Marquardt, but Marquart...

http://aerofiles.com/_ma.html

Thanks Maveric. I'd guessed that MA-1 and MA-2 must be biplane projects (perhaps draughted prior to Ed Marquart leaving Pennsylvania for Flabob in 1955??). Now I can update my Marquart list!

Marquart MA-1 - [Project] sporting biplane, unbuilt
Marquart MA-2 - [Project] sporting biplane, unbuilt

Marquart MA-3 - Maverick, 1971* homebuilt single-seat biplane, 2 built
- MA-3: consid. PoC kit aircraft for MA-4/Ma-5 1 x 125 hp Continental C-125
- * MA-3 design 1955, const. early '60s, 1st flown 1971, 2nd flown 1977

Marquart MA-4 - Lancer, 1963 homebuilt single-seat biplane, 4 built* (1 w/o)
- MA-4: 1 x 100-135hp Lycoming O-235 4-cyl horiz-opposed engine
-- * 1 x semi-complete airframe sold as part of Ed Marquart's estate

Marquart MA-5 - Charger, 1970-71 homebuilt tandem 2-seat biplane, 7.3 m span
- MA-5: design 1966-67, Lycoming 0-290 or 0-320, 150+ under constr./built

Ed Marquart also built components and replicas (incl. 1912 Curtiss Pusher). He assisted Bill Turner (Repeat Aircraft) with replicas of the Brown B-2 Racer (1972), Gee Bee Z (1975), and Miles & Atwood Special (1986). Marquart also contributed to Repeat Aircraft's replica DH Comet and Laird-Turner Special.

http://eaach1.org/Design/Comm4v1_FullR4.pdf
(BTW, this ref also has extensive coverage of the Lanier Vacu-jet and Paraplane by Ed Marquart - who had worked for EH Lanier - and an article on flying the MA-5 Charger.)

One aircraft is missing from Apophenia's Marquart list: the MRP-6, built in 1968 and registered in Westminster, Calif. to a Thomas W. Rose (presumably the "R" in MRP-). Its registration was [N1126R] (c/n MRP-6-001) and it was apparently cancelled in 1977. No information about the aircraft, except it used a Lycoming O-235 engine.

I'm still looking for photos of both the MRP-6 and the MA-4 Lancer, but so far I've been unsuccessful. After the prototype MA-4 was built, Ed Marquart worked on fuselages for other people. “The prints are out there for this plane, but I didn’t push their sale,” he commented. Only four are said to have been built, but only one [N4521] (c/n 10) can be found on registers.

Hi Skyblazer :)
Somewhat late (I completely missed your entry). but a low quality photo of N3344G the first MA-4 which was built by Rick Mears and reportedly had a 80hp Franklin engine.
Also attached a photo of N3369G which likely is a modified MA-4 named the Dollar Special (M-MA-4 Moonraker race #11). This one had a 125hp Lycoming O-290-D2. Have no clue what the first M stands for.

Attachments

• MA-4.jpg
    MA-4.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Dollar Special.jpg
    Dollar Special.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 51
From L+K magazine.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    678.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.png
    2.png
    580 KB · Views: 15
I shook hands with Ed Marquart and Ray Stitts at an EAA Chapter 1 meeting at Flabob Airport in 2001.

One aircraft is missing from Apophenia's Marquart list: the MRP-6, built in 1968 and registered in Westminster, Calif. to a Thomas W. Rose (presumably the "R" in MRP-). Its registration was [N1126R] (c/n MRP-6-001) and it was apparently cancelled in 1977. No information about the aircraft, except it used a Lycoming O-235 engine.

I'm still looking for photos of both the MRP-6 and the MA-4 Lancer, but so far I've been unsuccessful. After the prototype MA-4 was built, Ed Marquart worked on fuselages for other people. “The prints are out there for this plane, but I didn’t push their sale,” he commented. Only four are said to have been built, but only one [N4521] (c/n 10) can be found on registers.
I have the plans for the ma4.
I also own the dollar special.