JH-XX ... China's stealthy fighter-bomber unveiled !

sferrin said:
Larger intakes for more powerful engines maybe? ???
Oh hey, didn't even notice! Good eyes.

I think the chatter seems to indicate that XAC opted for a less audacious upgrade than all the leaked mock-ups and digital models were indicating. Makes sense, considering how much they now have on their plate (and how unnecessary a stealthy JH-7 may end up being).

Actually I'm more and more convinced that the JH-7B-project is indeed only an avionics-related upadate - and as such I'm almost sure that is is intented as a MLU - with nearly no external changes.
If You look there are already two prototypes - the yellow/green 821 and the one with only a new front section numbered 822 - and I assume one is a new built aircraft, whereas the other one could be a refurbished older JH-7A
Even that strange-looking bump on the tail is only due to an optical Illusion since the tail's leading edge has the same colour as the sky in the background.

Deino

Attachments

• JH-7B details.jpg
    JH-7B details.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 474
again the JH-7B ... but it seems as if there at least externaly no changes at all !? ???

Attachments

• JH-7B - 26.10.14.jpg
    JH-7B - 26.10.14.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 197
sublight said:
Question: If you RCS optimize the shape but construct the aircraft from Aluminum, will it still reasonably reduce the RCS? I see a lot of rivets in that photo....

Have you ever heard of the F-117?

A DIA report released earlier this year indicates that the Chinese are engaged in full-scale development of the JH-XX (https://thediplomat.com/2019/01/two...he-chinese-peoples-liberation-army-air-force/). The JH-XX, if flown and deployed, would make the PRC the only country in the world with a stealthy fighter-bomber, given that the US and Russia have no stealthy successors to the F-15E and Su-34 in the wings.

Back
Top Bottom