Porsche 109-005TL information?

sagallacci

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Any good data and drawings of the Porsche disposable jet engine from WWII? I saw once a cutaway drawing in a Luft'46 reference and elsewhere a semi-speculative external cowl image.

No drawing but I can absolutely recommend the excellent book "German Jet Engine and Gas Turbine Development 1930-1945" by Antony L. Kay for an in-depth description of this turbojet. By the way, the book contains a nearly complete overview and analysis of the projects mentioned in the title in a quality which is second to none, including many drawings and photos. Perhaps the author was part of a technician team investigating german projects after the capitulation.

I've got that book and while it does discuss the 005, it has no illustrations, which is what I'm looking for.

From "Le Fanatique de l'Aviation Nº 396"
-"Unknown! Nº 2"

Attachments

• Escanear0001.jpg
    Escanear0001.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 200
the french text say, this engine had to be used for V1 weapon,
how far was that prosche project ready ?

Herr Mueller was asked to work on the engine by the RLM.Some were in the USA archive is very detailed drawings of it.the UK list the on the net said they info on it.

From
"Geheimprojekte der Luftwaffe Band III"
Motorbuch Verlag

Attachments

• Escanear.jpg
    Escanear.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 146
From
"German Jet Engine and Gas Turbine Development 1930-1945" by Antony L. Kay

Attachments

• Escanear0001.jpg
    Escanear0001.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 141
  • Escanear0002.jpg
    Escanear0002.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 72
Big THX to Justo Miranda

A V1 weapon with Porsche 109-005TL
would had be a unpleasantly surprise for British Air defence

although how to bring into accordance, a disposable jet engine with Manned jet Fighter ?

Me I would have put FW ram jet on the back of the v1.