Propulsion section?

GeorgeA

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been discussed before (a search did not yield any results), but has a dedicated propulsion section ever been considered? Seems to me (and I may be a community of one) that there could be some interesting threads on propulsion systems that are separate from the discussions of vehicles.

Relevant or pointless? You be the judge.

George

GeorgeA said:
Seems to me (and I may be a community of one) that there could be some interesting threads on propulsion systems that are separate from the discussions of vehicles.

Seconded.

The trick would be to keep it to "projected" propulsion systems, but I think a simple test would be "did it ever fly?" If the answer is "no," then it should be permissible.

I have already wondered why this otherwise very detailed forum has no propulsion section. I think prototype numbers are ok and will make this section much richer.

Will all existing propulsion topics be moved from the existing fora to the new propulsion forum?

Terry (Caravellarella)

Dear Overscan, do you want me to identify them individually to you or just post a message on each topic to recommend transfer to the Propulsion forum?

Terry (Caravellarella)

Hi folks, if you find a thread/topic by chance, just use the button "Report to moderator" instead of "new post" or PM. :)

fightingirish said:
Hi folks, if you find a thread/topic by chance, just use the button "Report to moderator" instead of "new post" or PM. :)

Is that alright with you Overscan?

Terry (Caravellarella)

Caravellarella said:
fightingirish said:

Is that alright with you Overscan?

Terry (Caravellarella)

Maybe not then......

Just a question really, why has the Propulsion sub-forum moved to "other"? It seemed more at home in "research topics", not that it matters that much.

I moved it from Projects because I think it makes more sense as a general purpose forum. Discussion of engine *projects* per se is a limited topic. Research Topics is possibly a good place.

Everything will be moving around shortly anyway.