i have suggestion to make .....

IMHO, not bad idea, too.
But I don't want a negative or rank button to value a single post.
Different opinions or political views, copyright/source issues, trolling and so on can be all discused by PM with that member and/or with the moderators.

why not install a extra Graphical Emoticons with thanks ?

there some who to applaud or holding sign with "Thanks" up

Michel Van said:
why not install a extra Graphical Emoticons with thanks ?

there some who to applaud or holding sign with "Thanks" up

Such as these:

thankyou.gif

thankyou-thank-you-thanks-ty-smiley-emoticon-000280-large.gif

Regards,

Greg

Sometimes I just want to express my appreciation without filling a thread with 'me too', 'ditto' or the like - though they may work as a comedy element. Adding the option of approving/praising a reaction is OK with me, an option to show disapproval I would not like because it could easily be used to simply indicate disagreement. If a reaction is offensive, it's still possible to report it to the moderator. If you disagree with a reaction, post another reaction and explain why. If you can't explain or don't care to - tough luck.

Having been here only a while, I'm amazed by just how much incredible effort, information and ingenuity is on display here. Had I added a positive comment after every extraordinarily appreciable contribution (which appears to be something like every other message in my book) I would've cluttered the threads by hundreds of "thank yous" already. So for practical reasons I suppose it's better to have some sort of a discreet "accolade counter" attached to the intended recipient message of the compliment. With some variations that could even become part of the search function. I also agree with those who think that a "disapproval" function is unnecessary, if only because I couldn't see myself summarily expressing such things.

This appeals to me; I am not sufficiently knowledgeable to deserve a few lines here, but I often simply want to show my agreement with another member's viewpoint, or let them know just how much I appreciate their contribution, or how excellent it is. One might even simply want to know more. Furthermore, sometimes one wants to do this to a thread that is now several comments away, and most people have cut & pasted that upon which they wish to remark. (I haven't yet worked out how to do that, which is occasionally a nuisance.) If one could merely button-press a response to a contribution, I think it could be very useful.

Here is one we need.

Attachments

• off topic.jpg
    off topic.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 100
Just wondering, would it be possible to add a background color option to the BB Code?

Thanks.