Register here

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 164894 times)

Offline Austin

• CLEARANCE: Secret
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2006, 01:40:30 pm »
Hello ,This is Austin from India and I am 29 , A Dreamer but  Interest include aerospace and naval topics specially subs .

Cheers !!!!
Austin 

Offline Scooterman

• CLEARANCE: Restricted
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2006, 01:18:05 pm »
'ello all and greetings from Central Oregon, US of A!

I'm Brad Hoskin and yet another reject..........er........member from the What If Modelers board. Been on this planet for 34 years, but soon will leave for home in a galaxy far, far away.  USAF C-141B Crew Chief in my past life-now living a humble exsistance as an AutoCAD draftsman for a manufactured housing facility.

Main interests are pretty much anything that flies, but enjoy post WWII and modern subjects, modelling the real and Whiff, and playing paintball.
Collector of Plastic, Builder of None!

Offline rallymodeller

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2006, 05:50:14 pm »
Name's Jeremy Oreskovich, and I hail from currently unseasonalbly warm Sarnia, Ontario, Canada. I'm interested in all aspects of aviation -- especially interesting to me are "What-If" subjects (I am active on teh What-If board), SAR, COIN and naval aviation.

The history of "lost" and "Blue Sky" projects has also always fascinated me.

My other interests include auto racing (I am an active rallycrosser and rally driver), general history (I have my BA in the subject), music, art and science fiction.
My definition of an optimist has to be the Luftwaffe F-104 pilot who gave up smoking!

— John Wiley

Offline Jschmus

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2006, 06:54:03 am »
My name is Jason Schmus.  I'm 33 (34 in four days, whoopee), and live in Charlotte, NC.  I'm interested in all kinds of aviation and military hardware.  I got back into model-building a couple of years ago after a hiatus of many years.  I've come to this place via the invite at the What If Modelers Forum.  Hopefully I'll have something interesting to contribute.

Offline Tompa

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 09:46:40 am »
Tomislav Huha, 30, born in Slovakia, living in Croatia, currently in Moscow on a scholarship (spelnig?), skydiving, climbing, hiking, if I had a good computer LOMAC (Russian aircraft only - I've never ever looked at the F-15 or A-10 - not that I think that they are bad airplanes, but they are not Russian :D), dunno what else to add...
Kind regards,

Tompa (>o<-<

Offline Schorsch

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 05:28:48 am »
Hi, my name is Joerg.

I am 25 year old aviation engineering student from Northern Germany. Currently I handle some paperwork for Airbus in Toulouse. I'm here on invitation by Deino.
My interests are technical background of military aviation. I like to read about 50s and 60s aviation as well as current projects. My professional background involves flight simulation and control, so I am always happy to learnm something about it.

Schorsch!

Offline tomcat1974

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2006, 06:20:25 am »
Hi
My name is Horatiu Popovici. I'm software engineer from Romania. Age 32. My interest are : aviation,military technologies , fligh sims (huge fan of Su27 series and SFP1) and 3D graphics for Games usually.

Offline RP1

• CLEARANCE: Secret
  • I see the truth in it.
    • RP1 dot net
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2006, 05:50:09 pm »
Hi,

I'm Richard Pawling, currently based in London, England.  I hail from the opposite extreme - Naval Architecture, but am interested in all the paths not taken, be they in the air, on land or at sea.  Once I've finished pretending to write up my thesis I can get back to making CG models of never-weres also-rans and should-have-beens.

RP1
"Just your standard-issue big gun."
- Batou, Ghost in the Shell

http://rp-one.net/

Offline firstfleet

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2006, 11:18:40 am »
Cal Taylor. I'm a retired USAF navigator and intelligence officer. Service totaled 26 years with 12 years in the cockpit of the B-52H, C-141A, AC-130A and -E, C-133, C-5A and C-130E. I stayed until it stopped being fun.

Six years ago, I built a website for the Douglas C-133, in which I served for two years (1969-71) until the airplane was retired.  The web site is http://www.angelfire.com/wa2/c133bcargomaster/home.html. After a conversation with a former C-133 pilot, I started writing a comprehensive history of the airplane. It covers the historical, technical, military, political and human context of the C-133. There are also chapters on the development of strategic airlift and on the Douglas C-132 logistics transport and would-be aerial refueler, which got only to the full-size mockup stage. That book is complete and is being delivered from the printer today, 3 March 06. Its title is Remembering an Unsung Giant: The Douglas C-133 Cargomaster and Its People.

I am also the publisher of the book, Firstfleet Publishers. Information about the book is posted on the web site or is available from me at firstfleet@aol.com. The book will soon be available in England from Midland Counties Publishing and Air Britain.

Offline Dronte

• Argentinean ugly bird
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2006, 06:32:47 pm »
Another Spanish-speaker but here.
Martin,30, from Argentina. Enthusiast of the aeronautics in general and
with a great interest in the non built projects, especially for the
projected versions of airships of success (as the F-89F, B-58B,etc.)

(automatic translation please excuses eventual syntactic and
orthographic errors)

Offline Antonio

• Global Moderator
  • CLEARANCE: Top Secret
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2006, 04:46:41 am »
ˇHola Martín, bienvenido!

Un saludo desde Espańa

Antonio.

Offline Dronte

• Argentinean ugly bird
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2006, 05:52:56 pm »
Gracias por la bienvenida!

Igualmente un saludo para ti desde Argentina. :)

Offline raravia

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2006, 02:04:39 am »

Hola a todos!

My name is Fabián Capecchi (39), i´m from Venezuela but i´m living in Puerto Rico with my family (wife and two children). I work all my life as a creative in advertising, I´m very curious end enthusiastic of the less known part of the aviation history, single prototypes specially the "oldies" (WWI, between wars and the 50´s),  non-built aircraft and forgotten stories involving aviation. My nickname comes from my page www.raravia.com (in spanish language)stuck since already four years ago, but i hope to redesign it someday and keep putting more information. I´m a member of FAV-Club.com of Venezuela (a Venezuelan aviation website) and Latin American Aviation History Society (LAAHS), but i always snooping in other forums trough my nickname.

Thanks experts for let me in!...forgive my caveman english and  i hope to help, if i could( of course)

Saludos

Fabián

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2006, 11:14:29 pm »
Hello, I’m Jens Baganz, 45 years old, living in Berlin, Germany  and earning
my daily bread as an engineer in the telecommunications branch. What’s left
over of my spare time by my job, my two kids, my wife and our 70 years old
house, mostly is used for aviation themes. Here my main interest is the postwar
french aviation, but everything else isn’t ignored, as long as it is flying. 

P.S.: No, I’m NOT a Dr., NOT mayor of Mülheim an der Ruhr and NOT a politician !!
It’s important for me, not to be confounded with this person!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 07:58:05 am by Jemiba »
It takes a long time, before all mistakes are made ...

Offline Orionblamblam

• Secret Projects Guru
  • Top Contributor
    • Aerospace Projects Review
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2006, 03:53:27 pm »
Scott Lowther, 36, aerospace engineer, geek, resident of Utah. Woo.
Aerospace Projects Review

And so the endless circle of life comes to an end, meaningless and grim. Why did they live, and why did they die? No reason. Two hundred million years of evolution snuffed out, for in the end Nature is horrific and teaches us nothing