Advancedboy's Designs Topic

Currently I am reworking 797 tail section. It will be narrowed in size and canards added. Actually it might be ready by tomorrow.
I am also considering my next project. It could be either further development of Proriger or B-3 `Stratosfear`, which I haven`t posted yet. By my next project I mean I could build a model of it. But it will take muh longer time, as Idon`t have vacation and enough free time. If given a `go` it might see a rollout by June-july 2014.
Here is Proriger. It is unfinalised and provides a draft sketch and ideation.

Attachments

• One-Proriger.jpg
    One-Proriger.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 132
797 `Journeo` revisited.
One version has additional horizontal stabilizers. Maybe that should be established as the final version, I don`t know. But as the whole hor/vert stabilizer section got narrowed down it could necessitate additional horizontal stabilizers.

Attachments

• rev2.jpg
    rev2.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 49
  • revisit.JPG
    revisit.JPG
    984.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Hor. stabilizer.JPG
    Hor. stabilizer.JPG
    313.3 KB · Views: 55
Further development of Proriger. I also added one of the versions of B-3` Stratosfear` , which is unfinalised. It will have a couple of large actuators implanted in front part of the nose section . The wings will be flexible and the actuators by lifting up front part of the wing will control pitch.
As to Proriger- I would like to build actually a mockup. 1:1 size . But I can`t do it alone. It would take about 2 years to build it. If someone is willing to be part of it, is rich and could provide materials, space and tools, shelter and just the basic survival staples such as food, I would go for it without any pay whatsoever. The mockup of course would stay in US, and could be displayed upon agreement. I will also need at least one more person to work on the project, that is a hands on guy on technical issues and would work along me. The best would be a team of 3 people . That would be a great challenge and a new xplane for US . It would be approx. 22 metres long . I know, I sound silly, almost out of my mind, but , think for a moment, there are many aviation buffs, that would welcome such an endeavour.

Attachments

• prorig.jpg
    prorig.jpg
    767.9 KB · Views: 46
  • stratosf.jpg
    stratosf.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 56
Further development of my previous design T-X. The whole fuselage might come later.

Attachments

• Txxx.jpg
    Txxx.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 70
Initial sketch for Gulfstream NeX business jet. Undeveloped yet. the surface of the main wing area will be illuminated with a projection. Basically a camera will film the ground below and a projector will then simulate a semi-transparency of wings. Will not work in very light conditions but in dusk and night it might look awesome.:)

Attachments

• Gulfstr..jpg
    Gulfstr..jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 989
One of B-3 versions. The reduced size pic was the previous step in continuous process of developing the B-3. This version is unmanned. I might add different iterations later.

Attachments

• B3str.jpg
    B3str.jpg
    540.2 KB · Views: 713
Thank you for your replies, and Orionblamblam, thanks for your reserved support via evasive eloquence:) Curently I am working on details for various airframes, including Cargonaut, which should see daylight in 2014-15. Another jet is in the works, might post it a notch later. I still can`t decide which airplane I should start building this year.
Anyhowz, I also designed a new logo for Vivitar , and added a new slogan. Rather out of sadness, if you know my dreams.........

Attachments

• Vivi.jpg
    Vivi.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 545
Update on `Journeo`. Plus front view of widebody version.

Attachments

• sidevie.jpg
    sidevie.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 517
  • isojour.jpg
    isojour.jpg
    697.4 KB · Views: 488
  • Widebody.jpg
    Widebody.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Jo.jpg
    Jo.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 44
Approximate direction where the Proriger might go. If I endeavour to build it, it will be the most complex model I have ever built. The canopy is not finalised yet.

Attachments

• prgggg.jpg
    prgggg.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 173
I took the 6th gen Mustang and decided to redesign it.

Attachments

• Stang.jpg
    Stang.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 48
Northrop -Grumman Slamdunk manned version. I might add iso- view later. Hopefully I can post Cargonaut some time later, as I am working on its details. I have given it `a go` and it is going to be built. Thanks.

Attachments

• rewo2.jpg
    rewo2.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 61
I don't know - with a wing shape like that perhaps it should be called the "Corsair II" ;)

Thank you for following my sketches. Anyhowz, I decided to rework the manned version of Slamdunk one more time as I was not happy with the air intake shape. Here it be.

Attachments

• reworked.jpg
    reworked.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 831
That is great, the fighter looks even better than the ucav, good work Advancedboy.

best regards

pedro

Thank you for your support. This is my first sketch this year- Apex Predator UAV. Stay tuned, be happy:)

Attachments

• ApexP.jpg
    ApexP.jpg
    899.7 KB · Views: 719
Currently I am working on Cargonaut.( I have started the fuselage) This is a rendering of possible engine configuration for it. It will have a unique fuselage, wings, etc. This pic simply illustrates the possible engine placement using Journeo as a sample. What do you think, will this work?

Attachments

• Carg..jpg
    Carg..jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 500
How do you think your aircraft will fly? Maybe look closer to the size of the control surfaces of your aircraft. And what will the heat of the engines do to your fuselage? and wouldn't it be rather loud?

malipa said:
How do you think your aircraft will fly? Maybe look closer to the size of the control surfaces of your aircraft. And what will the heat of the engines do to your fuselage? and wouldn't it be rather loud?
1. The noise wouldn`t be an issue, as the engines are not directly attached to the fuselage and vibration is not transfered directly. Even if they were attached to the fuselage it wouldn`t cause any problems. ( Check Tu-104 , for example.)
2. The size or rather area of control surface is sufficient, you should check other `Journeo` pictures for a point of reference. This picture is shot from front and perspective of wings gives impression that control surface area is insufficient.
3. I also question that heat would be a problem to the fuselage. As you can see it is apart from it, and the exhaust plume would reach its lateral expansion already in area behind the aircraft.

I would be rather afraid of aerodynamic problems due to the close spacing of
the inner nacelles to the fuselage. Putting the engines further outboard on a single
pylon for each pair shouldn't be a structural problem, I think.

You will have serious structural issues when the wings try to flex, putting loads through the engine struts. You are best off to let the flappy bits flap.

I have seen this on a smaller scale on a helicopter project where an enlarged battery tray was attached to the tail boom and the adjacent fuselage. As the tail boom flexed the battery tray cracked. Beefing up the tray just produced cracks in the tail boom. Detaching the tray completely from the fuselage led to no cracks, and lighter structure.

I might agree with some of your concerns. But I don`t want to remove unorthodox ideas and make the plane....plain. As to wing elasticity, the closer we move to the fuselage the less amplitude of wing movement we have. To compensate the probable wing movement I might add a curvature( to dissipate tension) in small winglets between engine nacelles and fuselage. As to aerodynamic issues dealing with engine proximity to fuselage, I need more detailed elaboration on the nature of probable issues.

ADVANCEDBOY said:
... As to wing elasticity, the closer we move to the fuselage the less amplitude of wing movement we have. ...

Not sure about that. AFAIK, in aircraft with podded engines, the engine weights are used as counter weights to
limit wing flexing. Otherwise the spar would have to be stiffer and probably heavier.

FATSO ( Future Airborne Tactical Surveillance Operator). MGTOW -32T. (The name is a reference to Keyboard Cat:))
Currently working on Cargonaut. 10 % finished.

Attachments

• FATSOOO.jpg
    FATSOOO.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 327
  • FATSO.jpg
    FATSO.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 303
  • Fa.jpg
    Fa.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 94
This is great,do you have any other views of this aircraft?

regards

pedro

No, I don`t have any other perspective views of this concept, but I can sketch some if you give me some time. As I am still practicing I am not that good at isometric views, so it will take time. Small steps:) Here is `nvader UAV version.

Attachments

• nvader uav.jpg
    nvader uav.jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 1,014
Both look great, but the wheels seem to be squeezed vertically. On the main gear legs, this could
mean a certain camber of the wheels, but on the nose wheel probably not. So maybe the whole
drawing is somewhat distorted ?

Jemiba, the wheels might look squeeed because of aspect ratio of my screen. As Pedrospe wanted other views of the same concept I added Lockheed-Martin `nvader UAV flyover view where the belly of the craft is visible.

Attachments

• flyover.jpg
    flyover.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 843
looking good,thanks a lot,just one question,is the nvader concept a strike aircraft or a fighter aircraft?

best regards

pedro