Advancedboy's Designs Topic

This is next generation trainer jet Boeing T-X Tyro. The instructor is not actually even sitting in the jet. He is controlling and duplicating all control systems at the remote command center. Another novelty is another visual stealth improvement. Inlet nozzles usually are painted white so visually shadows wouldn`t cast such black spots inside the vents. This jet has a simple principle of lighting inside the inlet nozzles that is changing it`s luminosity depending on light conditions outside. A simple, inexpensive lighting system could improve visual stealth from front view. During nighttime the lighting is redundant, of course. personally I think this jet lacks unique design, but anyway...the journey continues:)

Attachments

• tyroooo.jpg
    tyroooo.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 70
Aurora. Low speed approach and landing experiment. This is a version with swivel wings. Streamlined wings are good for high speed, yet it causes problems for landing, as it requires higher speeds for landing, thus necessitating longer runways. And for a spy plane we don`t want a long runway. I think, there is no need for the whole wing to be swiveled as it would cause problems for any surface attachments. the part of the wing goes under the hull, so when the wing is swiveled out, it also increases the air cushion area, not only the leading edge. In this configuration this airplane could be also used for lower speed cruising or carrying heavier equipment. P.S.- Stargazer, this configuration is for the purpose of electrostatic charging of the leading edge, allowing to steer the vessel once the charging is switched off on one of the wings.

Attachments

• Aurorastealth.jpg
    Aurorastealth.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 49
Well, all these posts are my imagination and none are done by real Tier 1 companies. You can read what my dream is at the beginning of the thread. I am sketching to improve. Anyway, here is the front view of RAH-68 in single pilot configuration, as I am trying to develop that chopper further.

Attachments

• RAH-68.jpg
    RAH-68.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 65
Moderator, please don`t delete this. As I stated, I am also practicing car design and sketching, so I decided to post one car sketch as well, so you have an idea what kind of car sketches I do. Here is a Buick Maelstrom concept which has air intake that I will also try to incorporate in some airplanes. I will try to improve dynamics and try to invent more productive inlet duct. Thanks for following my thread!

Attachments

• Maelstrombuick.jpg
    Maelstrombuick.jpg
    692.7 KB · Views: 1,361
  • 100_5333.jpg
    100_5333.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 132
Further development of RAH-68. The ultimate answer to all your questions. (And it ain`t 42 :)

Attachments

• Navajo landing.jpg
    Navajo landing.jpg
    545.3 KB · Views: 1,054
Helitra( Heavy Lift Transport) front view revisited. I suggest using a graphite derivative - graphene for front windshield. Using about 10 layers of graphene sandwiched between 2 layers of glass the same way like car windshields do, we can manipulate window opacity by sending voltage through it. We could make it even nuclear blast proof by simply adding more graphene layers. The problem is graphene manufacturing is still in its infancy,booo, boo.

Attachments

• heli modified.jpg
    heli modified.jpg
    843.9 KB · Views: 818
A fast ideation of a vertocopter- a symbio between a forward swept airplane and a twin-rotored chopper. The rotors are counterrotating and tilt at 2-4 degrees, the air from rotor tips is channeled to air intake vents. Max alleged speed- 670km/h. The lift relies on decreased size of rotors and wings.

Attachments

• negativenagle.jpg
    negativenagle.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 490
Two questions: Why the extremely long skinny 'obelisk' noses? Also, shouldn't this thread be more appropriate in the User Artwork forum?

I want to move the initial heat from drag as far away as possible from fuselage, hence the long nose and front winglets. As to this section, I think it is Ok, as I also try to innovate and speculate of the future elements within aviation, trying not to step over the edge of existing physics and feasibility.here is a sketch of a car Dodge Ibex, so the viewers don`t get too bored with my airplane sketches. I hope I don`t get this one deleted for being not too avio-istic:)

Attachments

• IBEXBOREAL - Copy.jpg
    IBEXBOREAL - Copy.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 49
A next generation medium cargo or multirole aircraft with propfan fenestron. it is time we dress up propfans for increased productivity. I haven`t done the sideview yet. This is just an ideation.

Attachments

• Copy of twindeck modified.jpg
    Copy of twindeck modified.jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 72
Here is RAH -69 chopper with 2 small turbines instead of rear rotor.An ideation sketch. I hope I am not datadumping this thread with childish ideas. I really need to get a serious degree in design, and I want to take a new path in aviation or design, yet stay within realm of feasibility. I really need to study 3d modelling so I can push forward at completely different level.

Attachments

• Copy of RAHHH.jpg
    Copy of RAHHH.jpg
    642.3 KB · Views: 81
Dude, you got my vote of confidence. I think you have some good work on here and I salute you for that. Keep it up.

My favorite design of yours is that Vertocopter. As for kinetic heating, you only have to worry about that up past Mach 2. Also, ever considered scimitar blades for the rotors like in the attachment?

Attachments

• quickanddirtyscimitarpropblade.png
    quickanddirtyscimitarpropblade.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 32
Here is my `entry` , initial sketch for 6th generation fighter jet. Northrop -Grumman YF-4XXa. I might consider working on top view as well.Thank you so much for support and advice, I hope I can reward this forum with more innovation, and hopefully I can improve my designing skills.

Attachments

• Northrop-Grumman.jpg
    Northrop-Grumman.jpg
    861.1 KB · Views: 91
Where is/are the inlet(s)? That's not them way at the back, is it? Doesn't look like there'd be enough room for the engines, let alone a curved inlet duct/radar blocker.

Here is my next sketch. Next generation medium size cargo plane for Boeing. C-22X Cargox Thanks for all your replies. Afterwards I decides to compare it with existing cargo planes C-17 and Y-20. While I designed the Cargox from clean sheet without looking at any airplanes, it still has some similarities.

Attachments

• comparo.jpg
    comparo.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 61
  • cargooooo.jpg
    cargooooo.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 66
Here you can see further development of Proriger 6gen fighter. I was unhappy with the top view, so had to redesign it. It still is not finalised. Anyway here it is.

Attachments

• USAPDNI.jpg
    USAPDNI.jpg
    676.5 KB · Views: 826
Here you can see proriger with Boeing 828, size comparison. I will sketch an ISO view of 828 as well.

Attachments

• jetplanes.jpg
    jetplanes.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 693
Boeing Cargox and an experimantslal airplane for Scaled Composites piggy -riding. I have always considered that wing structure could be made really strong by incorporating engines in them, the problem is that once the forces start bending the wing so does the inner surfaces of the engine exposing it to risky tolerances towards blades. i suggest using double assy where engine wouldn`t be a part of structural integrity but would be rather attached to inner surface on bushings.

Attachments

• cargoxx.jpg
    cargoxx.jpg
    589.3 KB · Views: 505
Wings with an engine inside aren't the best solution, as the experience with e.g. the Nimrod, Vulcan and Buccaneer.

1. The wing spars aren't necessarily any stronger. The engine doesn't contribute to the rigidity of the wing (if it's a jet). Piston engines have a big, rigid engine block that can be used as a structural part. Turbines don't.
2. the hole in the wing spar dictates the engine size; the consequence is that you can't uprate the engines without redesigning the wing spar.

Your work is truly brilliant ADVANCEDBOY. I look forward to further postings by you.

Forscher

RAH 69 `Annihila`. Next generation . Basically I took my previous sketch of RAH-69, which I posted here some time ago and tried to cut out the ugly. Basically it will have some new features for helicopter industry. Behold- the double turbines partly integrated in fuselage for speed and counterbalancing the main rotor. the rear landing gear will have an actuator so it can be either lifted up or lowered. By lowering the rear landing gear the engines are slightly angled towards the gravel/landing strip. This is for more effective taxiing on runway or liftoff in motion.The canon bay will be incorporated in fuselage and will have a seperate hatch right under FLIR module. There will be 4 weapon bays. As you can see there are 2 hatch doors one above another. Each of them opens opposite ways, while the weapons, behold this, are located on sliding rails and are winded on a curved magazine. The whole weapon bay has 4 rolls of magazines with attached rails that slide a rail outwards once the door is opened.Maybe I will post later a graphic depiction of that. Plus graphene film coated windshield. I will still work more on air venting and stealth mode. thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. Comments encouraged:)

Attachments

• a11.jpg
    a11.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 83
here is the front view and how the weapons would be located on sliding rails.

Attachments

• graphc.jpg
    graphc.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 32
Another view of RAH-68 Navajo. `Oh, future, bring us forward, relieve us of this longing......`

Attachments

• RAH-68Navajo.jpg
    RAH-68Navajo.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 69
Now thats some amazing art! Hey I have a question - if I obtaned a rough sketch of a helicopter could you work your arty magic on it some time over the year?

I'd deeply appreciate it.

Here is F-19 jet plane. I never take existing airplanes or sketches. This time I did, I took F-19 and decided to go over it and redesign it my way. I consider that the original f-19 design should have been built, it looked so much like designed by professional insiders. Hope you like this one as well :)

Attachments

• F-19A.jpg
    F-19A.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 100
For a change I designed the next gen Chevrolet Cavalier, and one with a retractable hardtop. I will try to study some principles of retracting panels to implement them in aviation.

Attachments

• c7cabrio.jpg
    c7cabrio.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 281
  • cavalier.jpg
    cavalier.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 136
Nex gen RAH -68 attack helicopter . You just have been downsized to Hawking radiation....

Attachments

• navajo 68RAH - Copy.jpg
    navajo 68RAH - Copy.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 120
  • closeup - Copy.jpg
    closeup - Copy.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 106
The shape was made using industrial plastiline. The fuselage is from fiberglass resin, then a coat of fiberglass putty, fine putty, primer and sandpapered. Slightly edited on computer using Sketchpro.