Carreidas 160 profiles

alanqua

I dunno if she's the wife of my life
Reaction score
Ladies and gents,

I post here some profiles I finished some time ago on the Carreidas 160. Please give me your opinion, which one you like, you don't like? I posted 2 files: one in French and one in English.
The Carreidas 160 was a supersonic business jet appearing in the French comic Tintin ("Flight 714 for Sydney"). It is probably more famous for the French-speaking fellows, than for our English-speaking friends. But give me your feeling anyway!

Regards
Alain

Attachments

• Planche Carreidas 160 Francais_resize.jpg
    Planche Carreidas 160 Francais_resize.jpg
    995.5 KB · Views: 382
  • Planche Carreidas 160 English_resize.jpg
    Planche Carreidas 160 English_resize.jpg
    936.1 KB · Views: 328
Really nice artwork, Tintin is always a mine of new inventions as much are aircrafts.

Joli travail !
I really love what you did with this already cool aircraft design...

marbellousness work B)

the Carreidas 160 was design and later drawn by Roger Leloup ,in time as assistant for Hergè

Pepe Rezende said:
Friends at Dassault tell me the Carreidas 160 have some Marcel Dassault inputs. friend of Herge,
he mounted a small work group to design a viable plane that was enhanced by Leloup in its final form.
Carreida character was molded over Dassault.

Pepe

by the way Leloup his newest Yoko Tsuno "La servante de Lucifer" will release on 12 November 2010 in Belgium ;D

Thanks,

I felt that the Carreidas 160 was so extraordinary that it deserved a James Bond adventure. The black color added some mistery, similarly as the F-5 you can find in Top Gun. I also wanted to add the Lion stilyzed logo. After some research, I used a variant from the Lyon French city (!).

Regards
Alain

Hi!

I like this profiles and the aircraft as well ;D
Could you be so kind to tell, how you made it?
Do you use Photoshop or another software

Michel Van said:
marbellousness work B)

the Carreidas 160 was design and later drawn by Roger Leloup ,in time as assistant for Hergè

Pepe Rezende said:
Friends at Dassault tell me the Carreidas 160 have some Marcel Dassault inputs. friend of Herge,
he mounted a small work group to design a viable plane that was enhanced by Leloup in its final form.

Pepe

by the way Leloup his newest Yoko Tsuno "La servante de Lucifer" will release on 12 November 2010 in Belgium ;D

Thanks for the info, do you know who at Dassault did this study for Herge?

Regards
Alain

Silencer1 said:
Hi!

I like this profiles and the aircraft as well ;D
Could you be so kind to tell, how you made it?
Do you use Photoshop or another software

Hi,

I used Adobe Illustrator. It gives a "comics"-touch to the graphic rendering. But the effects (glares, reflects, etc...) are more difficult to do. That's where Photoshop has a real advantage.
I made a simple 3 view plan for a basis, then I added colors, and I finished by the effects and markings.

Regards
Alain

Hi Alain!

alanqua said:
I used Adobe Illustrator. It gives a "comics"-touch to the graphic rendering. But the effects (glares, reflects, etc...) are more difficult to do. That's where Photoshop has a real advantage.
I made a simple 3 view plan for a basis, then I added colors, and I finished by the effects and markings.

Thanks for information - I already presume, that you use some combo of vector and raster editor.
And results are great! The minor concern in the profile is (in my humble opinion) lack of lights/shadows shape adjustments at the nose of aircraft, namely near the cockpit top.

Anyway, the clean lines of details in combination with some rastr effects made overall look of aircraft very light and realistic, and wit definitely feel of comic style.

Regards,
silencer

Apart from a typo here and there, I'm annoyed by only one detail: the absence of acute accents in the French text!

Silencer1 said:
Hi Alain!

alanqua said:

Thanks for information - I already presume, that you use some combo of vector and raster editor.
And results are great! The minor concern in the profile is (in my humble opinion) lack of lights/shadows shape adjustments at the nose of aircraft, namely near the cockpit top.

Anyway, the clean lines of details in combination with some rastr effects made overall look of aircraft very light and realistic, and wit definitely feel of comic style.

Regards,
silencer
Hi,
Yes, I've noticed the defect. I used a glare effect and I had some difficulties to position it correctly on top of the cockpit. I'm wokring hard to learn how to correctly depict reflect effects. Actually, I've started a collection of pictures and librairies for that.
Regards
Alain

Very nice!

I'm a big Tintin fan and allways found the Carreidas 160 a cool looking aircraft.
The variable-geometry wings à la F-111 and F-14 (which was still in development) were quite new back then. ("Vol 714 pour Sydney" is from 1968 when I'm not mistaking.)

alanqua said:
the French comic Tintin ("Flight 714 for Sydney").

Hum... Belgian comic. ;)

(Homer Simpson voice, the french one at least) Oh mon dieu, oh mon dieu, pinaise !!!

C'est magnifique !!!

Wonderful !

I wnated to model a Carreidas a long time ago, Su-24 VG wings and Falcon 20...

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but here's a pic concerning the "Carreidas 160" taken (in a museum) during the weekend...

Attachments

• Carreidas 160 a.JPG
    Carreidas 160 a.JPG
    566.3 KB · Views: 114
Yes, this is it! On top of that, you can notice prelijminary drawings in the lower corner of your picture. Which museum is this? Could you take again a more precise and a wider photo? I need to check those preliminary drawings of the Carreidas.

Thanks by advance for your help.
Alain

Hi

Well... taking accurate pics was kind of a problem since the model and drawings were in a rather large flat display-cabinet and the picture posted was taken 'secretly' with an Iphone, because it was officially forbidden to take pictures and we had to leave everything else behind at the entrance... :-\ (So please :-X ! ;) )

They can be seen at the new Hergé-museum, in Louvain-La-Neuve, Belgium.

alanqua said:
Michel Van said:
marbellousness work B)

Pepe Rezende said:

Pepe

Thanks for the info, do you know who at Dassault did this study for Herge?

Regards
Alain

that info is from Forum member Pepe Rezende, try to pn him for more info