Scooter: The Douglas A4D Skyhawk Story by Tommy Thomason

Good news: I'm told that Specialty has received books and was shipping them to distributors (and presumably people who ordered directly from them at full list) this week.

Tailspin Turtle said:
Good news: I'm told that Specialty has received books and was shipping them to distributors (and presumably people who ordered directly from them at full list) this week.

Attachments

• frnswrthgdnews.jpg
    frnswrthgdnews.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 198

Attachments

• IMG_20111002_145218.jpg
    IMG_20111002_145218.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20111002_145237.jpg
    IMG_20111002_145237.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 162
moz-screenshot.png
Scooter has arrived!

Attachments

• frnswrthgdnewssigned.jpg
    frnswrthgdnewssigned.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 6
Mine arrived today. I can't wait to read it. I also found the paint scheme for my 1/48 A-4 in it, whatever year I find time to build it. I really like the look of the CA-4F.

My copy arrived today.

Not had time to read it all, obviously, but it looks like a superb book from Tommy. Loads of colour photos, lots of text to read, and a great list of contributors in the acknowledgments. it looks like an authorative account.

overscan said:
My copy arrived today.

Not had time to read it all, obviously, but it looks like a superb book from Tommy. Loads of colour photos, lots of text to read, and a great list of contributors in the acknowledgments. it looks like an authorative account.

Thanks for your kind remarks. I regret to report that as usual, I made errors and after it was turned in, I came across information that I would have liked to include. See http://thanlont.blogspot.com/2011/11/scooter-stuff.html

Tailspin Turtle said:
and after it was turned in, I came across information that I would have liked to include.

But if every author waited for every source, us readers would have to wait until whenever the local equivalent of the Official Secrets Act lapsed in the last country ever to operate (insert a/c type here).

Thank God for the Internet!

Crecy shows a revised edition of this book appearing at the end of September. Skyhawk fans, rejoice!

Not happy. As previously stated, I hate it when a revised copy appears on of a book I already have. I want the new information but don’t want the duplication. I wish there was an option for a simple softcover update supplement with the new data also put forward at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom