Register here

Author Topic: F-19: artists impressions of the Stealth Fighter  (Read 94398 times)

Offline flateric

• Deputy Administrator
  • CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Re: F-19: artists impressions of the Stealth Fighter
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2009, 12:19:00 pm »
DML/Dragon 1:200
"There are many disbelievers in
stealth, more than a few of them truly technically ignorant and proud of it." Sherm Mullin, Skunk Works

Offline robunos

• You're Mad, You Are.....
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2009, 02:12:29 pm »
DML/Dragon 1:200

Yep, that's the one, thanks...

cheers,
         Robin.
Where ARE the Daleks when you need them......

Online fightingirish

« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2010, 02:58:24 pm »
Quote from: attitude @ forum.keypublishing.co.uk
There is an 80's movie with Chevy Chase where he is an arms dealer with an intelligent UCAV.
It also stars Gregory Hines and Sigourney Weaver..
It's called "Deal of the Century".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085412/
Trailer:

In the end at an arms show the UCAV goes mental and Gregory Hines jumps into the cockpit of an F-19X and chases down the UCAV and destroys it..
Its the only movie I've seen with an "F-19" portrayed in it.
Quote from: SpudmanWP@ forum.keypublishing.co.uk
Looks like it was neither, but a new design.
Takeoff

Head On

Three more shots:

Rear

Cockpit
Slán,
fightingirish

Slán ist an Irish Gaelic word for Goodbye.  :)

Offline archipeppe

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2010, 01:31:03 am »
Interesting, this movie is totally new to me (probably never made it all the way to Italy...) and indeed I'm a Chase's fan.

The fictional aircraft seems to have more connection with ATF proposal rather than the XST one. It seems also to have some point of contact with the later Northrop YF-23.

Offline dannydale

• CLEARANCE: Secret
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2010, 12:30:15 pm »
For me, the thing that makes the whole F19 (Loral) thing look utterly fake is the fin location. Far too far forward to offer any yaw stability.

BTW, first post here so 'Hi' to everyone - very interesting site.

S
That's what nagged me about the Loral F-19 ever since I was a little kid, actually. I just didn't know what that particular wrong was actually called at the time.  :D

Offline frank

« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2010, 02:06:51 pm »

It wasn't exactly portrayed as the F-19. Its designation was "X-19F", IIRC. Also, ISTR reading somewhere that one of the Firefox models was cut up & used as the basis for the X-19F. I guess maybe the wing, part of the fuselage & maybe the engine intakes show the kinship.

Offline The Artist

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2010, 12:52:22 am »
If anyone has a copy of the movie Brainstorm, (I don't) please take a look at it. I think there was an F-19 or other stealth fighter design in that one. They had their Human test subject in a full motion simulator flying the thing while they recorded his mind and you saw a quick CG sequence of the thing in flight.
"Thank you for summing that up."

Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III

Offline Cutaway

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
    • The Military Forums
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 08:11:21 am by Cutaway »
DILLIGAF KB Wilson.
Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoset.
(Not KB Wilson ).

Offline Skyblazer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2010, 05:49:56 pm »
Going back on this page, I realize that from this angle, the movie guys got some design features incredibly right a solid decade before the F-23 ever came into view...

Offline flateric

• Deputy Administrator
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2010, 01:58:56 am »
please use damn attachments
don't post links to images at other site
"There are many disbelievers in
stealth, more than a few of them truly technically ignorant and proud of it." Sherm Mullin, Skunk Works

Offline Skyblazer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2010, 03:55:55 am »
please use damn attachments
don't post links to images at other site

When it's my pics, fine, but here it's another pic from the very same page that's already linked there!!!

Offline Nick

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2010, 02:44:42 am »
It's kind of strange seeing my RAF F-19 being linked to from another site while it's actually sitting in my display case behind me here! B)

Offline stevee617

• CLEARANCE: Restricted
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2010, 11:28:39 pm »
I know of "F-19A" models being released to the public to confuse communist spy rings during the 1980s, But is it possible this aircraft or somthing like it exists?. Its becouse the design from Monogram models is based on a design by Loral and is also more aircraft-like than the one made by Testors.

Wherever it is real or not, I believe the "F-19A Specter" would be a feasible design for a fighter aircraft that will offer a wide range of capabilities, even for todays technology.

The first image below is the concept by Loral Inc:

In 1972, the United States Air Force issued a Request For Proposal (RFP) to Northrop, McDonnell-Douglas, and General Dynamics for a supersonic stealth aircraft.
All three companies submitted design proposals in early 1974. On 2 September 1974, it was quietly announced that Northrop would be prime contractor of PROJECT SPECTER

I just came a cross this....this is MY story to go along with the model that I build on ARC a few years ago...you can find the whole thing here: http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Fea1/901-1000/Fea915_F-19_Eggers/00.shtm
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 12:32:02 am by flateric »

Offline Skyblazer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2010, 06:20:23 am »
I just came a cross this....this is MY story to go along with the model that I build on ARC a few years ago...you can find the whole thing here: http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Fea1/901-1000/Fea915_F-19_Eggers/00.shtm

I remember visiting your page years ago. Although it was clearly a fictional depiction of the F-19 project, I assumed at the time that the text did contain some true information. Did you actually made it all up? If so, you may not realize that this has been widely circulated on the web! And if there was some element of truth in it, what did you base it upon?

Offline stevee617

• CLEARANCE: Restricted
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2010, 11:05:14 pm »

I remember visiting your page years ago. Although it was clearly a fictional depiction of the F-19 project, I assumed at the time that the text did contain some true information. Did you actually made it all up? If so, you may not realize that this has been widely circulated on the web! And if there was some element of truth in it, what did you base it upon?

UMMM.....WOW, That's amazing. Because quite honestly, I really did make it all up. I actually put some humor into it that nobody ever got. For example:

"Special Project 711" - F-117 backwards
"Lt. Col Chester "Devastator" Moore" - Lt. Col. Moore was a USAF test pilot on the F-22 program. I got his name off the decal sheet
“Squarejaw” - A Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode that I was one night and the commentary by Tom Servo was priceless!

"the last remaining F-19A Specter was seen taking-off from the main runway at dusk, never to be seen again. " - That scene is from the CBC Production "The Arrow", where one Avro Arrow escaped distruction.

To be quite honest I am flattered!  Check out my B-2 on ARC:
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal10/9201-9300/gal9207-B-2-Eggers/00.shtm
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:23:48 pm by stevee617 »