Register here

Author Topic: Rules of The Bar  (Read 23900 times)

Offline PaulMM (Overscan)

• Secret Projects Forum Founder
  • Administrator
  • CLEARANCE: Top Secret
  • Paul Martell-Mead
    • Secret Projects
Rules of The Bar
« on: January 02, 2006, 01:15:47 am »
The Bar is for any offtopic postings. We will remove any offensive posts, but generally its a place to chill out.
"They can't see our arses for dust."

- Sir Sydney Camm

Snakebite

Re: Rules of The Bar
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 11:16:53 am »
Yes, and I've learned from my mistakes on the forum that the people can post  almost anything they want in "The Bar", as long as its not offensive and has to be intiresting or worth reading enough for other people. Also, people should contribute instead of jacking up their post number with small and unimportant topics or replies--I've done that...sorry. Am I right about all this, overscan?

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 03:33:17 am »
- "The Bar is for any offtopic postings. We will remove any offensive posts, but generally its a place   
     to chill out"

- "that the people can post  almost anything they want in "The Bar", as long as its not offensive and
    has to be intiresting or worth reading enough for other people"

The thread "Georgia says "very close" to war with Russia " has been locked now. It wasn't really
an aviation theme, but that's why Scott posted it in the Bar. It was a political theme, but if we
talk about procurement of aircraft, ships or tanks, that's political, too. Was it offensive to anybody ?
IMHO the Bar is a good place to get to know the opinions of people from different countries, people
I know at least from other threads and posts, and here I can get their statements UNFILTERED, very
different from reading a newspaper, watching TV or browsing through the net.
When I'm sitting in a bar (quite rarely, I must admit), drinking a beer, I would be very disappointment,
if all political discussions would be stopped by the barkeeper !
Of course, I cannot download a beer here ... !    ;)
It takes a long time, before all mistakes are made ...

Offline flateric

• Deputy Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 04:29:18 am »
OK, unlocked. Let's say I just wanted to check up if this feat works
"There are many disbelievers in
stealth, more than a few of them truly technically ignorant and proud of it." Sherm Mullin, Skunk Works

Offline Potawatomi13

• CLEARANCE: Restricted
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 09:39:56 pm »
 :-[
On RC Universe, RC Groups, The Reno Air Racing site AAFO and innumerable other sites you can send a Personal message to a member. 
I wanted to send one to a member here and can't.  Sent that message to a moderator hopeing he'd facilitate it and stating that I didn't think it useful on the open boards and what does he do? He posts it on the board!
How can I make contact directly with a poster/member?

• Administrator
  • Paul Martell-Mead
    • Secret Projects
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 02:16:51 am »
Using a personal message? Click the icon like this - on the left bottom of the post where you want to get in touch with the person. When you have a few more posts you will be able to view member profiles.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:19:43 am by overscan »

- Sir Sydney Camm

Offline Richard N

• CLEARANCE: Secret
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 05:42:44 pm »
I have been collecting airplane model kits for almost 50 years and am in the process of getting real and selling off what those items I either will not build or just will not live long enought to play with.  They range from wartime Cleveland wood kits to some fairly esoteric plastic kits along with a some official manufacturers desk models.  I have looked over your list of forums and there doesn't seem to be a place for selling here.  Is there simply no place to sell on the Secret Projects Forum?

I think some of your members would be interested in the items I am moving out of my collection.  I currently have a FROG B-45 1/159th scale plastic kit listed on eBay and it looks like it will be traveling to the country it was built to defend against if the Allies don't make their move before Monday April 25, 2011.  You can see the FROG B-45 listing here:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140537060730&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT  You can see everything else I have listed both plastic and balsa here anytime:  http://shop.ebay.com/mountbatten5/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

My handle on eBay is "mountbatten5".

If I am in the wrong place, I apologize in advance. 

Richard

Offline Orionblamblam

• Secret Projects Guru
  • Top Contributor
    • Aerospace Projects Review
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 05:49:06 pm »
Is there simply no place to sell on the Secret Projects Forum?

Two places:

"Found on Ebay:" http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,43.0.html
This would seem most appropriate for products related to unbuilt projects.

"Bookshelf & Marketplace:" http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,27.0.html
As the name describes. Models of *built* designs would seem to be somewhat off-topic for the forum, but I suspect that the forum mods won't complain too much if you don't go gonzo with the self promoting.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:15:49 pm by Orionblamblam »
Aerospace Projects Review

And so the endless circle of life comes to an end, meaningless and grim. Why did they live, and why did they die? No reason. Two hundred million years of evolution snuffed out, for in the end Nature is horrific and teaches us nothing

Offline Richard N

• CLEARANCE: Secret
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 05:57:44 pm »
That was quick. 

I will go to Bookshelf & Marketplace.

I tried the "Found on Ebay" link, but I got this message: 

An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you. 

Let me know what will fix this.

Thanks,

Richard

• Administrator
  • Paul Martell-Mead
    • Secret Projects
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 06:03:04 pm »
Found on Ebay is for Senior Members only which is why you can't see it. It is intended for people to post links to interesting (mostly project related) things we can't afford to buy ourselves but which another forum member might like.

Bookshelf & Marketplace is fine.

- Sir Sydney Camm