User Artwork - B-21 Project (LRS-B)

4decaa

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Hi all! I've been using the forums for a while without an account, and finally decided to make one. Been lurking and checking out what's being posted with the 'main' B-21 thread, and decided that I'd try to create an authentic version of the bomber from the images and videos that have been publicized so far. It's been extremely challenging getting the shape correct, especially when few images properly convey this craft. The pictures you see below represent an in-progress piece of work that isn't yet complete, but I'd love to hear what you guys think could be improved or made more accurate. FYI, I've been working on shape for ~2 weeks. Thanks! (also note that I've yet to adjust for the ~35 deg wing sweep, and that all panels and landing gear block outs). 1710545973981.png 1710546409572.png z 1710545961032.png 1710546547539.png 1710546699402.png 1710546767746.png

You'd use Paralay's 35 sweep drawings as a reference, so far it has odd proportions especially regarding side view. I doubt that MLG bay door look like that, more than that I doubt inlet duct does. Engines should be positioned close to bottom oml (look at B-2 for reference).

You'd use Paralay's 35 sweep drawings as a reference, so far it has odd proportions especially regarding side view. I doubt that MLG bay door look like that, more than that I doubt inlet duct does. Engines should be positioned close to bottom oml (look at B-2 for reference).
For the side view, I am using this as a reference (which I found on the b-21 main thread), while also using pictures whenever possible to counter-reference here. I also used this to reference where the engines would be located, but I'd assume that it is just wrong, especially after looking at how b-2 engines are. also, would make sense they would be closer to the access hatches at the bottom. As I fix the engine, I will no doubt be changing the inlets to be more B-2 like. As for your comment on the MLG doors, I'm unsure what might be wrong, perhaps the proportions?

(sorry for bad grammar, I'm tired!)

Also, thanks for writing a reply. Really helps!
1710572192674.png

As for your comment on the MLG doors, I'm unsure what might be wrong, perhaps the proportions?
alt="1710572192674.png"]722445[/ATTACH]
Shape, proportions. Don't you think bottom / top edges should be somewhat like _parallel_?

Flateric is right, the engines will be close to the lower mold line - just enough thickness for doors because the engines must be removed from the bottom you cannot put anything under them.

Flateric is right, the engines will be close to the lower mold line - just enough thickness for doors because the engines must be removed from the bottom you cannot put anything under them.
definitely. He is sending me stuff that I can use to fix it, so I'll be remaking the whole thing sometime next week.

Well, upon looking at B-2 as design example. Engines C/L are almost inline with LE height on B-2 because we have drive box likely placed at the bottom of engines (I think right above those smaller aperture doors inside big engine bay doors for fast access) and yes exhaust ducts should have volume for their soft swings to exhaust trenches.

1710865978311.png

The twin-engine B-21's powerplants are widely thought to be descended from Pratt & Whitney's F135, which powers the Lockheed Martin F-35, but neither the USAF nor Northrop Grumman has disclosed the engines' type or specifications. Details about the B-21's progression to flight test have been scarce.

Would love to share some progress this week!

Currently in the process of reworking the entire shape now, as I've gotten some better information and pics :)
-creating my own air intake covers (which are present in all high-res b-21 media so far) helped discern the real shape of the intakes, which presents a drooped bottom section to make it more cylindrical
-arduously recreating the lighting to discern the shapes of the inlets

criticism is welcome, and feel free to share anything :D

the serpentine inlets likely need to be changed, but I'd like to hear what others think about them first

1711250959122.png 1711251475989.png
1711251556511.png

Progress update! I've mostly completed the structure of the beautiful raider to the best of my ability, and am now adding bays and interior parts, which will take a while. Hope to eventually texture this though! Here's some preliminary renders in the meantime :D
1713589849829.png
1713589858043.png
1713589876318.png

Great work! For the MLG bays, check the higher def, close in images of first flight, there is an apparent mechanical link from the main gears to the main gear doors, main gears doors seem to have no separate hydro actuation, not criticizing at all, very nice.
Thanks Hydro. I've got quite a collection going, but will sure to add an indication of the mechanical linkage. :D 1714176976488.png