My Heer and Allied 1946 projects.

Foo Fighter

Cum adolescunt hominem verum esse volo.
Reaction score
Well, I have had a fascination with the topic even if I don't comment too much which is mainly due to the lack of good information/data.

The Bovington tank museum has come up with a number of good snippets for the engine and final drive on the E-25, suggesting it was similar to that of TOG-2, also problematic. Anyway, this is my visualisation of the E-25 family and kicks off with the APC variant. There will be engineering etc to follow.

The phylosophy follows the original vehicle but with the drivetrain turned around and the drive in the usual German configuration of the time but with the engine also at the front. IMHO, it looks like an AVF-432 mirrored L to R.

There is a panzer cupola, no particular, just a visualisation based on etc. This allows for the use of an exterior MG-34/42 on the commanders station. The original jagdpanzer drivers vision block is still in place because I rather stupidly forgot to remove it and the driver would be in the same location occupied by the gunner in the hunter version. Lots of space tanken up by engine/drivetrain etc. Only early doors yet but anything the experts see would help somewhere down the line.

Attachments

• APC E-25 2 32p 30m.jpg
    APC E-25 2 32p 30m.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 72
Nice! So, this is your take on the Gep. MTW Kätzchen transporter?

Similar, yes. All I have done is take potemtial layout/drivetrain options and run it through the grey matter. There is an additional roadwheel station each side to create a reasonable space for payload/pax.

Thoughts now on SPG pr panzerjaeger in the style of the Marder 3 with a better layout. Also engineer and recovery types.

The original Czech-made APC prototype based upon a 38T light tank had a most cumbersome drive train with the engine mounted at the right rear and a drive shaft running diagonally forward to the front drive sprockets. It would make more sense to move the engine forward to de-clutter the troop compartment. Perhaps earlier introduction of more APCs would have reduced the problems of man-power shortages suffered late war.
Pure speculation on my part.

When the Swedes converted their 38T light tanks to APCs after WW2, they installed a horizontally-opposed marine engine under the forward floor, freeing up most of the PBV301’s hull for infantry.

This was only a stop-gap as Sweden soon applied lessons-learned to their new-built PBV302 APC which was slightly better than the ubiquitous M113. The Swedish APCs were better because they got 20mm cannons mounted in turrets.

Last edited:
I can only concur with your speculation mate. Similar to the continued use of out dated tanks in the British Army with the belief that it was better than stopping to make something better, and still using outdated components.

Interesting to speculate on what might have been.

Doing the same with a Valentine or Cromwell might be more difficult obviously.

Thanks folks, much appreciated.

I have the prelim SPG, based on the APC but in the style of the Wespe as it has more relevance than closed turret varieties which were not in use at the time to my knowledge.

Attachments

• SPG E-25 Test.jpg
    SPG E-25 Test.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 37
Just while I lost motivation with the E-25 types. A PXKPFW 1 SPG Jagdpanzer variant.

A 57 ZIS 2 armed vehicle cobbled together with simple plates and a few welds.

Attachments

• SDKFA 1W JagdPanzer 57 mm anti-tank gun M1943 ZiS-2 10p 5m.jpg
    SDKFA 1W JagdPanzer 57 mm anti-tank gun M1943 ZiS-2 10p 5m.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 26