Looking for books on Israeli military procurement, doctrine, strategy, etc.

Joebob748

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
I'm looking for reading material that discusses Israel's defense procurement, both past and present, as well as information on their doctrine and strategy. Information on the general effectiveness of Israeli weapons, both when used by Israel and other forces, as well as information on the sale and development of Israeli weapons, would also be welcome. English and Hebrew language are both acceptable, as I can read both. Thanks in advance

Lavi by John Golan is interesting. It covers a lot of the IAF's procurement plans leading to the Lavi program and what happened after it was cancelled, as well as a lot of the politics surrounding US support (or lack thereof) for the program. There is a bit of doctrine discussion as well, insofar as why they wanted something like Lavi, what missions it was suited for, etc.

Lavi by John Golan is interesting. It covers a lot of the IAF's procurement plans leading to the Lavi program and what happened after it was cancelled, as well as a lot of the politics surrounding US support (or lack thereof) for the program. There is a bit of doctrine discussion as well, insofar as why they wanted something like Lavi, what missions it was suited for, etc.
Have that one, really interesting book, especially since some of the crucial figures are people I know