Long-Range (1000 Mile Range) Strategic Cannon Program Update or New Details?

All this talk of increasing artillery ranges reminds me of a tour of Dr. Gerald Bull’s High Altitude Research Project at Highwater, Quebec back in 1967. Dr. Bull bragged that he could fire a shell all the way to Moscow!
HARP started with souped-up 5” US Navy surplus barrels. Dr. Bull welded a pair of 5” gun barrels end-to-end to improve muzzle velocity. He touted HARP as an inexpensive way to launch satellites into low earth orbit.
Sadly, the US Army pulled Bull’s funding in 1967.
Bull went on to develop base-bleed shells to extend ranges.
He up-graded artillery for the South African and Indian Armies.Rumor has it that Bull was assassinated (1990) by the Israeli Mossad when he designed a super-gun for Iraqi dictator Saran Hussein. Hussein wanted to shell Israel from Iraq.
Bull was a brilliant engineer who fell afoul of Cold War politics.

All this talk of increasing artillery ranges reminds me of a tour of Dr. Gerald Bull’s High Altitude Research Project at Highwater, Quebec back in 1967. Dr. Bull bragged that he could fire a shell all the way to Moscow!
HARP started with souped-up 5” US Navy surplus barrels. Dr. Bull welded a pair of 5” gun barrels end-to-end to improve muzzle velocity. He touted HARP as an inexpensive way to launch satellites into low earth orbit.
Sadly, the US Army pulled Bull’s funding in 1967.
Bull went on to develop base-bleed shells to extend ranges.
He up-graded artillery for the South African and Indian Armies.Rumor has it that Bull was assassinated (1990) by the Israeli Mossad when he designed a super-gun for Iraqi dictator Saran Hussein. Hussein wanted to shell Israel from Iraq.
Bull was a brilliant engineer who fell afoul of Cold War politics.
Bull also developed the Extended Range Full Bore, ERFB, projectile shape.

There is a new rock-boring machine called Petra that uses gas flames to bore holes in even the toughest rock. Line with barrels.

I could see Petra drilling holes of many lengths/angles for different targets... preferably with an organ keyboard arrangement so you could play your bombardment Dr. Phibes style.

Kabul gets the D-flat.