In my opinion, this section should be reserved for announcing the publication of new books on aviation.

Engines? Ships? Radar? Title says Books & Marketplace, so project patches should be OK.
I would draw the line at (books about) cookies, although Sid might disagree. I think he's a lurker here.

Attachments

• 0Nb7qx3QN1dC3seNKAGO6i+EX6QgKdb1wbZ567QkayFJVvTzV4owxliaz40vGHjbhZDHOKOhz78TkAAADs=.gif
    0Nb7qx3QN1dC3seNKAGO6i+EX6QgKdb1wbZ567QkayFJVvTzV4owxliaz40vGHjbhZDHOKOhz78TkAAADs=.gif
    377.7 KB · Views: 1
Disagree about the patches topic, but yes, not just aircraft.

The topic of random patches and memorabilia is in The Bar now.

Specific historic items for sale on Ebay etc should be posted in "Found on the internet".

This section is intended to contain news and reviews of new products like books, kits, or other things available for purchase.

I think that,may we should include the interesting old books also,which
we don't know or we didn't hear about them.

I would argue it could belong in the "Found on The Internet" since some items I posted on the thread were recent and up for sale, which could be of interest for certain members.

If that was your intention then you should include links on where to buy them.

You should post links to where you found the items anyway to adhere to forum guidelines on citing sources.

Eventually, some of the posts included links to where to buy them.
A thread that simply presents an overview of patches belongs in The Bar.

This Books & Marketplace section is one of my favourite forum sections - because it gives me a ringside seat for new book announcements. On naval and aeronautical matters, industrial politics.

I feel I must single out The Secret Horsepower Race by Calum Douglas for special praise - piston engine workings is not a subject that immediately draws my attention, but the book's announcement promised a story where politics and engineering meshed intricately, and the book delivered in spades.

Blue Envoy publications, I've read the lot, worth every penny, all of them. More excellence: I can hardly keep up with Chris Gibson's and Tony Buttler's output.

Without this section, I probably would have missed most of the books by Jean-Christophe Carbonel, Dan Sharp, Scott Lowther, Ralph Pegram - more names will pop up in the next minute or so...

Last edited:
Eventually, some of the posts included links to where to buy them.
A thread that simply presents an overview of patches belongs in The Bar.
You need to understand some patches and items there are no listings for, they just popped up over time. The "Indigo Delta Kilo" patch was posted by Trevor Paglen in his art collection. Another example is the patch belonging to the P175 Polecat, the ebay listing is long gone. On the topic of books, im soon going to buy one of Trevor Paglen's most recent books.

I can see why you would want to start a survey of patches. In my opinion, that should not be in this section.
A book on patches, or linking to a site where to get them - I can see how that might fit in here. I would not be part of that target audience, though.