HD vid of Orion crew abort system.

sferrin

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzIcDDJyTRI

Cancelled of course.

Cool vid, but NASA has been producing cool videos for Constellation for a few years now. They obviously hired a talented contractor to do that.

Constellation was canceled, but Orion continues to exist (for now) under another name.

blackstar said:
Cool vid, but NASA has been producing cool videos for Constellation for a few years now. .

I don't doubt it but this is the best beginning to end I've seen. All the rest were just bits and pieces.

sferrin said:
blackstar said:
Cool vid, but NASA has been producing cool videos for Constellation for a few years now. .

I don't doubt it but this is the best beginning to end I've seen. All the rest were just bits and pieces.

They produced "Ares Quarterly Progress Reports" up until June 2010. You can get them via iTunes. The videos were pretty good. I remember watching the first one during a meeting at a NASA center and being impressed at the propaganda effect. The reports sent a very clear message to critics: "we are actually building and testing hardware RIGHT NOW." Even if you were a critic of the program, you had to admit that it was a top quality effort to get the message out.

blackstar said:
sferrin said:
blackstar said:

They produced "Ares Quarterly Progress Reports" up until June 2010. You can get them via iTunes. The videos were pretty good. I remember watching the first one during a meeting at a NASA center and being impressed at the propaganda effect. The reports sent a very clear message to critics: "we are actually building and testing hardware RIGHT NOW." Even if you were a critic of the program, you had to admit that it was a top quality effort to get the message out.

Yeah I've seen a couple of those. I don't recall the ones I saw covering the abort system as well as this video does though.

sferrin said:
Yeah I've seen a couple of those. I don't recall the ones I saw covering the abort system as well as this video does though.

They wouldn't have, since they were supposed to cover all aspects of the program.