FliegerRevue - An (East German) Aviation Magazine

fightingirish

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hi folks,
unfortunately, I have to inform you, that the company PPVMEDIEN GmbH, which publishes the aviation magazine "FliegerRevue", has filed for bankruptcy on 2024-01-16.
This magazine was first published in German Democratic Republic (GDR, aka East Germany) in 1955.
I really liked this magazine, because of its focus on eastern bloc (mostly Soviet/Russian) aviation topics.
But in the last months, German readers mentioned, that they didn't get the subscribed issue delivered to them in the post.
The latest, and maybe the last issues, FliegerRevue 2024-02 and Fliegerrevue X number 105, are already digital available.
Sad to see this magazine to go, but so are the times, due to high labor, print and paper costs.
Sources (German):
Code:
https://www.fliegerrevue.aero/

Last edited:
Bought my first aviation magazine in 1961...

As a "West-Berliner", it was the FlugRevue, I got a subscription for in 1974, not the FliegerRevue,
which was only rarely in trade in the west.
Well, obviously most of us have long experience in buying aviation mags .... ;)

Hi! Yesterday I received (as a longterm subscriber) the first issue of the Fliegerrevue in 2024 (1/2024). Publisher and sender is still the PPVMedien GmbH. So is there still hope for the magazine?
Btw. I subscribed in the early 1990s to it. It was the time when I became a Glider pilot. Since then I collected the older issues and its predecessors too. The magazine originally started in late 1950s as "Flügel der Heimat" (Wings of the Motherland) and was a german variant of the soviet "Krylja Rodine". Later, in the 1960s, it became the "Aerosport". I have to say I liked this very old format: it had very detailed informations about international spaceflight. Maybe they were the detailed in the whole Eastern Block. Further it had the category "Luftwaffe secret projects" (later the Fliegerrevue had it too for some time) and contained very nice colorful artworks.

Attachments

• 20240225_122129[1].jpg
    20240225_122129[1].jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
The editorial team of FliegerRevue and FliegerRevueX will no longer exist as of March 1, 2024.
The publishing house PPVMedien GmbH, which published both magazines, is insolvent.

The postal address, telephone numbers and email addresses of the editorial team are not longer valid.

We would like to thank our incredibly loyal readers, the fantastic authors and everyone who has helped to make FliegerRevue the legend that it is now!
Source:

Attachments

• fliegerrevue_final.jpg
    fliegerrevue_final.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2
Maybe Key Publishing should make an offer to take them over? They already have Avion Revue for the Spanish-speaking market and a German-language acquisition could be a good move.

The publisher (PPVMEDIEN GmbH) also published a historical aviation companion magazine entitled FliegerRevue X, as well as a series of books entitled FliegerRevue Kompakt. The quality standard of these publications was high and will be missed.

1709493996313.png 1709494193790.png

It seems to be, that the last monthly issue "FliegerRevue February 2024" and quarterly issue "FliegerRevue X Nr. 105" weren't printed and so these both issues are only digital available.