Ebay, Craigslist, and Facebook Findings - Development and Prototype Models

Harold Biondo

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Hello all. My area of interest is armored vehicles, and I have a growing collection of developmental/prototype models related to that. I regularly search Ebay, Craigslist, and Facebook Marketplace for new models that come up for sale, and when doing so I regularly find interesting aircraft models. I don't have the money or space to buy all of those in addition to the ground vehicle models, so I usually just save the link somewhere and forget about it. I had the idea to make a thread here to share those finds, and maybe give a place for other people to post theirs as well. I specifically care about unique models which were development items or presentation models, not desk models and gifts, which tend to be 'mass'-produced in small batches. If you find any such models of military ground vehicles I'd be interested in them; otherwise, here's the planes:

McDonnell Douglas Radar Pod
Craigslist links do not update whenever the listing reposts, so they will quickly break. You can re-find this item in the future by searching for "60’s McDonnell Douglas Factory Model" in Knoxville TN.

Turkish Airforce F-16

Fairchild AN/USD-5 Osprey

General Dynamics F-111A

General Dynamics F-111

RVX-2 Re-Entry Test Vehicle

MATRA Super 530D missile

MATRA Durandal missile

MATRA R.550 Magic 2 missile

Ryan VZ-11 by A/S Fermo Model Factory. There is at least one other of these, in a different paint scheme.

Boeing Vertol YCH-1B Chinook

Globe Model 22 Goblin. There is at least one or two more like it.

Grumman... thing

Northrop M2-F2 wind tunnel model

Beechcraft MQM-107 Streaker

Last edited:
Eurocopter AS332 Super Puma

General Electric F-16. This one is probably an exposition model, there may be others like it, I don't know.

Aérospatiale unknown missile wind tunnel model

Last edited:
Hamilton Standard Propfan airliner

Vickers VC11

Lockheed L-2000

Milton Hatfield's Little Bird, also comes with documents for the Arup planes that inspired it.

Zenit-2

Zenit-3SL

UUM-44 SUBROC

SUBROC II. These two Subroc models are desk models, not development models, but they seemed unique enough to be worth including.

I also ran into some models sold by Alex Panchenko that I was going to post, but then I found out they were fraudulent.