British Aircraft Specifications 1950-1976

A large chunk was covered in issues of Aeromilitaria over the years (available for free download), early ones by Phil Butler and later ones by............... hm, what was his name?

Thirty-plus years in the making, this is a must-have for anyone researching postwar British aircraft. It's from Air-Britain, so you know it will be good. Pricey, even for members, but this time next year you'll wish you'd bagged one.

Chris
A large chunk was covered in issues of Aeromilitaria over the years (available for free download), early ones by Phil Butler and later ones by............... hm, what was his name?
Download? Free? Air-Britain? That can't be right.

Chris
He ain't joking, everything pre-2018 is available - plus indexes too.
Bet that's to justify their charitable status.

Chris
For what it's worth everything to Specification C.225 (which is on Page 163 of Aeromiltaria - Winter 2017) can be downloaded from the Air Britain website and was by me a few years ago.

However, that didn't stop me ordering the book last Monday (7th April) and it arrived earlier today.

Last edited:
Sample pages are available. Unfortunately these show a number of very basic typos including left-out words.

However, it did give me one very juicy carrot which puts perennial discussion-point F.155T in its proper physical context, and that's a to-scale top view of the contenders. Given that the image was available on the publisher's website without cost, I trust that producing this one single snippet of it here is acceptable.

1713453238892.png

Back
Top Bottom