We know from all Breguet aircarft and project,from Type 1 to 900 (the missing 490),so if someone has this book,I want only to ask about Breguet 490,a project of 1940 ?,and thanks.
I very much doubt that the book in question would have any projects in it. From the photos I've seen on eBay, it contains photos and info of aircraft that were actually produced. Here is the contents list:

1712082088821.png

Does anyone know if the original "Breguet Short" (which was different from the Bizerte, notably its tail) ever received an inhouse designation? I am tempted to think it could have been the Type 520, but who knows? It could also have been the Type 490.

Bréguet Short Calcutta.jpg

Does anyone know if the original "Breguet Short" (which was different from the Bizerte, notably its tail) ever received an inhouse designation? I am tempted to think it could have been the Type 520, but who knows? It could also have been the Type 490.

View attachment 724378
Hello,
It's the first Short Calcutta, bought by Breguet. It served as model for the production by Breguet under license.
Breguet had built 3 different models: Calcutta, Bizerte and Saigon.

It's the first Short Calcutta, bought by Breguet. It served as model for the production by Breguet under license.
Breguet had built 3 different models: Calcutta, Bizerte and Saigon.
That's what I thought, too, but I was suggesting that perhaps Breguet gave their license-built Calcutta airplanes a model number for record purposes, and obviously the missing "490" seems the ideal candidate for it.

Back
Top Bottom