AI art and creative content creation

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Why would they? Wackos aren't precluded from writing or drawing today. They certainly aren't precluded from making movies. See: Roman Polanski.

So, you trash Hollywood but AI movies will be no better, and still be done by people with... unusual issues.

So, you trash Hollywood but AI movies will be no better, and still be done by people with... unusual issues.
Seems you are sloooooooooooooooly getting there.

When AI is mature enough, everyone will likely have their own "AI production company," producing product tailored just for them. Half a billion Americans, say, all ordering up their own programming. programming that to each individual seems awesome, but likely comes across as "meh" at best to everyone else. But then, everyone else probably won't see it; they'll have their own.

And a lot of it will be pretty damned twisted, but hey, welcome to humanity.

Seems you are sloooooooooooooooly getting there.

When AI is mature enough, everyone will likely have their own "AI production company," producing product tailored just for them. Half a billion Americans, say, all ordering up their own programming. programming that to each individual seems awesome, but likely comes across as "meh" at best to everyone else. But then, everyone else probably won't see it; they'll have their own.

And a lot of it will be pretty damned twisted, but hey, welcome to humanity.

I don't like your vision of the future... at all. I think people will rapidly lose interest. People with no skill will still have no skill. It reminds me of a POD site for books. I saw the preview, the guy put just about every mistake you can put in a book in those few pages, and on the associated message board: "Why isn't my book selling?" You want this? Count me out and most of the people I know - who are creatives. We tested ChatGPT here, and put up a policy that if we suspect AI art, you won't get work from us. Better they got a can of spray paint and painted up a few concrete walls...

I don't like your vision of the future... at all.
My vision(s) of the future includes a likely collapse of western civilization and a return to, at best, a permanent dark age after a population drop of 95 to 99%. A narrower vision of the future includes my own cats dying, my friends and family dying, myself getting increasingly sick and miserable and eventually dying. I don't like those visions either, but the fact that I don't like them doesn't mean they're *wrong.* The future is full of suck.

Your claims about the brainlessness of AI entertainment resemble complaints about TV in the early days, video games later, then YouTube/TikTok/etc. Whether those accusations of mindless entertainment were right or wrong, the fact is that TV, video games, phone vids came along and sucked in millions of man-hours per day. AI looks primed to do even more, as it can be tailored to the individual to an astonishing degree.

Some interesting news that may be of relevance to the topic:

Actors Struggle To Find Jobs As TV Castings Dry Up

In short: TV shows (broadcast and streaming) getting cancelled left and right, but few pilots being made to replace them. Consequence: very few jobs for actors. Additionally, shows used to have 22 episodes per season; now down to as few as 6, with less than one season per year.

To ponder with:

The top streamed shows are almost all old. Why?

Maybe cuz new stuff sucks?

Bring on the new stuff!

"Hey, AI, show me Season 7 of Star Trek, where Captain Kirk marries Janice Rand..."

"Gee, now why would someone be interested in seeing a den of ideological wackos and deviants lose influence?"

So - answer the question: The AI Version will automatically exclude any "den" of ideological wackos and deviants?

The ebook market is proof of what happens when talentless people flood it with junk. The ebook market is 99.99999% landfill...
Well, that affects me... my books aren't exactly Shakespeare, but I still have a lot to say before I'm abducted by the old woman with the scythe.

:)

Attachments

• muerte-con-guadana-comica-de-dibujos-animados-camiseta-hombre.jpg
    muerte-con-guadana-comica-de-dibujos-animados-camiseta-hombre.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 2
Some interesting news that may be of relevance to the topic:

Actors Struggle To Find Jobs As TV Castings Dry Up

In short: TV shows (broadcast and streaming) getting cancelled left and right, but few pilots being made to replace them. Consequence: very few jobs for actors. Additionally, shows used to have 22 episodes per season; now down to as few as 6, with less than one season per year.

To ponder with:

The top streamed shows are almost all old. Why?

Maybe cuz new stuff sucks?

Bring on the new stuff!

"Hey, AI, show me Season 7 of Star Trek, where Captain Kirk marries Janice Rand..."
When most of NASA's budget was written off, the smart guys took refuge in Wall Street. Now the smart actors will take refuge in politics, it won't be difficult for them to do better than the poor guys who now pretend to be in charge, they will read their dialogues better and look better. Reagan and Clint showed us the way. The show must go on.

In my opinion, this type of provocation only attempts reactions on the far right that justify the existence of the provocateurs. It's not going to work.
The story seems to have gotten a bit more traction that I would have expected given the source.

Google apologizes for 'missing the mark' after Gemini generated racially diverse Nazis

The follow up article gets to the real issue, "...Gemini’s AI images were essentially erasing the history of race and gender discrimination. "

Google pauses Gemini's ability to generate AI images of people after diversity errors

The Gemini AI debacle is evidence that AI will have whatever biases are built into it. So long as AI are controlled from central sources, major corporations, governments, etc. this will be a problem. But when the guts/programming/DNA of AI can be examined (presumably by *other* AI) and adjusted, then the biases will be those of the users, not the originators. That;s good, but it's also further evidence that we're at the end of reliable history. THAT is why people are upset about Gemini and such, because we can see history be paved over and re-written before our eyes.

View: https://twitter.com/iamyesyouareno/status/1760715470108311845

The Gemini AI debacle is evidence that AI will have whatever biases are built into it. So long as AI are controlled from central sources, major corporations, governments, etc. this will be a problem. But when the guts/programming/DNA of AI can be examined (presumably by *other* AI) and adjusted, then the biases will be those of the users, not the originators. That;s good, but it's also further evidence that we're at the end of reliable history. THAT is why people are upset about Gemini and such, because we can see history be paved over and re-written before our eyes.

View: https://twitter.com/iamyesyouareno/status/1760715470108311845
History has never been reliable but science is reliable and allows us to know under what conditions our ancestors lived under the authority of every murderer, every despot and every coward who cites the history books with their names followed by Roman numerals.

All these revolutionary theses of race, gender, and class will dissolve into oblivion when the first truck loaded with Trump's golden sneakers arrives in Getho. The agitators will return to their place behind the banner and the megaphone in anticipation of better times.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 770x_zapatillastrump.jpg
    770x_zapatillastrump.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 2
All these revolutionary theses of race, gender, and class will dissolve into oblivion when the first truck loaded with Trump's golden sneakers arrives in Getho. The agitators will return to their place behind the banner and the megaphone in anticipation of better times.

The agitators were taught to be agitators. It is a job description.

Status
Not open for further replies.