Japanese plane identification

gerhard

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Guys

I came across this unidentified plane side view on the following site.
It is totally new to me. Does anyone recognise this plane?
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/tonekousyou/yukikaze/index21.htm

Cheers
Gerhard

gerhard said:
Guys

I came across this unidentified plane side view on the following site.
It is totally new to me. Does anyone recognise this plane?
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/tonekousyou/yukikaze/index21.htm

Cheers
Gerhard
i cannot see anything! ??? ???

Sorry, I see the problem. This link will bring you to the main page. Click the fifth tab in the menu at the left.
Scroll down to around the middle of that CG page below the Ki-61.

Cheers

Attachments

• cg_sden1.jpg
    cg_sden1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 96
Japanese text says that it's IJN's interceptor Shuden(愁電).
I never saw such a fighter. Fake??
In Japanese, Shuden(終電) means the last train. ;D

I ran the website in question thru Google translate. It appears to be an "imaginary" plane. (I characterize modern day surmisings of old aircraft on websites as "imaginary" and non-real aircraft concepts that first appeared printed in period publications as "fictitious").

The site lists the following specifications on this plane.

Width: 11.25m Overall length: 9.43m height: 3.65m weight: 2,688 kg Loaded weight: 4,125 kg motor: 43 Homare type takeoff output: 2,150 hp Maximum speed: 632km / h (8,500 m) Cruise speed: 450km / h practical ceiling: 11,850 m
Rate of climb: 8,000 m until 10 minutes 20 seconds Range: 1,550 km armament: 20mm × 4 Crew: 1

To me it looks a little like a Japanese version of the F8F Bearcat. ;)

windswords said:
I ran the website in question thru Google translate. It appears to be an "imaginary" plane. (I characterize modern day surmisings of old aircraft on websites as "imaginary" and non-real aircraft concepts that first appeared printed in period publications as "fictitious").

The site lists the following specifications on this plane.

Width: 11.25m Overall length: 9.43m height: 3.65m weight: 2,688 kg Loaded weight: 4,125 kg motor: 43 Homare type takeoff output: 2,150 hp Maximum speed: 632km / h (8,500 m) Cruise speed: 450km / h practical ceiling: 11,850 m
Rate of climb: 8,000 m until 10 minutes 20 seconds Range: 1,550 km armament: 20mm × 4 Crew: 1

To me it looks a little like a Japanese version of the F8F Bearcat. ;)

For me, it's a ficticious FW-190 Japanese version. Let's see the German fighter dimensions:
lenght : 8.80m
span: 10.50 m
height: 3.95 m
empty weight: 2,500 kg

It is absolutelly ficticious, and does not deserve all this posts in a otherwise serious "Early Secret Projects". Beware of this "wishfull thinking alternate history" japanese sites. They could be pretty convincing.

Even worse, it reminds me of a fattened up CW-21B.

242312461_bf26f3ce4e.jpg