Network DVD New Range Strike Force

Barrington Bond

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
A new range of DVD's from NETWORK who release pretty good TV and films in good quality releases - not been disappointed yet so far so I might have to purchase some of these.

http://www.networkdvd.net/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=689

Luftwaffe Jets, Rockets and Secret Weapons of World War Two

Contains TWO Episodes: Jets and Rockets and Secret Weapons.

Luftwaffe Jets of World War Two traces the evolution of the early jet engines to the Heinkel He 178 which first flew as early as 1939; the British Gloster experimental jet did not fly until as late as 1941. The German Luftwaffe was the first air force to boast operational jet fighters. ‘Project 1065’ from Messerschmitt started in 1938 and developed into the first operational jet, the Me 262. In 1943, German fighter ace Adolf Galland flew the Me 262, claiming that it was as if “an angel” were pushing him. From this early start, the Arado Ar 234 Blitz or ‘Lightning’ became the world’s first Jet bomber.

The most futuristic aircraft of the war was the German rocket-propelled Me163 Komet; it was also the most dangerous! Luftwaffe Jets of World War Two looks in great detail at the highly complicated ritual of re-fueling and re-arming the temperamental Me163, which took “a brave man to fly it!”

Luftwaffe Rockets and Secret Weapons of World War Two traces the evolution of Hitler’s terror weapons, unleashed on Britain in a last desperate attempt to win the war in Europe. Between June 1944 and March 1945, the Luftwaffe fi red the V-1 Flying Bomb pulse jet missile at south-eastern England, London and Belgium. Because of its distinctive sound it was nicknamed the ‘Buzz Bomb’ or ‘Doodlebug’. The V-1 would fly until its engine cut out then it would randomly dive towards the ground. British countermeasures were limited, as virtually the only aircraft that was fast enough to catch the bomb was the Hawker Tempest. But Hitler’s second missile, the V-2, was altogether different. Travelling faster than the speed of sound, the V-2 was the first ballistic missile, and was a weapon to which the Allies had no answer...

Special Features

[] Oberth’s High Altitude Rocket (2 mins)
[] Wasserfall Archive Featurette (2 mins)
[] The X-4 Air-to-Air Rocket (2 mins)
[] The Hs 298 Air-to-Air Missile (1 min)
[] Missiles, the Technological Breakthrough - the history of American rocketry right up to the 1980s (17 mins)

Catalogue Number: SN6515
Classification: E
Picture: 1.33:1 / Colour / Black and White
Subtitles: None
Time: 133 mins approx
Barcode: 5027626651546
Number of Discs: 1
Sound: Stereo / English
Region: 0 / PAL

http://www.networkdvd.net/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=688

Luftwaffe Bombers and Fighters of World War Two

Contains TWO Episodes: Luftwaffe Bombers and Luftwaffe Fighters of World War Two.

Hitler’s Luftwaffe seemed invincible in the 1930s with its ‘rehearsal’ in the Spanish Civil War, and its Blitzkrieg tactics used in overrunning the bulk of Europe at the beginning of the Second World War. German Luftwaffe Bombers with names such as Junkers, Heinkel and Dornier brought fear to the hearts and minds of the civilized world.

[] Luftwaffe Bombers presents a detailed look at the twin-engined Junkers Ju 88, while rarely seen archive film gives us a pilot’s eye cockpit view during a stunning engine failure sequence.

[] Heinkel’s He 111 bomber also boasts detailed in-cockpit sequences. There is extremely rare footage of the He 111 ‘Zwilling’ – which was two of the bombers welded together! The He 177 and the screaming Junkers Ju 87 ‘Stuka’ dive bomber are also prominently featured.

[] A section on the Dornier Do 17 and Do 217 completes this exceptional look at one of the most feared bomber forces in military history.

[] Luftwaffe Fighters begins with an in-depth look at the Me 109. Incredible footage shows the captured German fighter in blistering action.

[] Messerschmitt tried a new concept in fighters with its twin engined Me Bf 110.

[] The Me 210 could be converted from fighter to light bomber. It also boasted two remote control rear firing guns either side of the fuselage. There is also rare colour footage of the unique Me 410.

[] The vaults of The Imperial War Museum have also provided stunning footage of a captured Fw 190 in the hands of the RAF.

Special Feature

[] Quizcraft (1942, 9 mins): World War Two Aircraft Recognition Training Quiz.

Catalogue Number: SN6510
Time: 136 mins approx
Barcode: 5027626651041

http://www.networkdvd.net/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=687

Royal Navy Annual News Reviews

Royal Navy Annual News Reviews 1967-1971, also known in the service as the annual ‘Scranbag’, is a unique inside view of Royal Naval action filmed by their own in-service cameramen all over the world. Featuring unprecedented access to all levels of the service, most of the reviews are presented by Lt. Richard Baker, who later found fame as a BBC newscaster. This comprehensive overview of the activities of the Royal Navy during the height of the Cold War includes such highlights as:

[] The launch of HMS Resolution.
[] The Navy’s first three Phantom aircraft from the U.S.
[] The scrapped aircraft carrier ‘that never was’.
[] Brand new Polaris submarines.
[] The withdrawal from Aden.
[] The Navy bombing the Torrey Canyon.
[] Stunning close-ups of Wessex helicopters over Tower Bridge.
[] Phantom tyres exploding on landing in the Daily Mail air race.
[] The Royal Navy team on the Cresta Run.
[] Sea King helicopter testing.
[] The first Harrier deck landings in 1969.
[] Prince Charles joining up in 1971.

Catalogue Number: SN6505
Time: 122 mins approx
Barcode: 5027626650549
Sound: Mono / English

http://www.networkdvd.net/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=686%20

Coastal Command

From its inception in 1936 through the Second World War, the Berlin Airlift and the Cold War to its demise in 1969, Coastal Command – A Service Overview is the definitive film history of the ‘Cinderella Service’ as told through the eyes of four RAF heroes. One of these men joined up in 1937 and had a massive crash in his vast Sunderland aircraft, which was ripped apart, leaving him as one of the first men to be rehabilitated at the RAF medical facility at East Grinstead.

Using archive news reviews and official RAF film records of the period, Coastal Command – A Service Overview surveys the seaplanes and flying boats, the missions and the men and women that protected Britain’s sea lanes and shores from the Nazi onslaught and averted possible starvation for the British. In a later account about the boredom of long sorties in the Shackleton, a pilot explained how he coped: “I spend one hour flying, one hour sleeping and one hour contemplating sexual matters!”

Aircraft featured include the Sunderland, B-17, Wellington, Blenheim, Mosquito, Anson, Catalina, Hudson, the very rare Lockheed Neptune and the Shackleton. This highly personal view of Coastal Command is directed by Bryan Wolfe, who was Capital Radio’s original ‘Flying Eye’ and the son of Battle of Britain pilot Winco ‘Ted’ Wolfe, CO of 141 Squadron.

Catalogue Number: SN6520
Time: 93 mins approx
Barcode: 5027626652048

Regards,
Barry