1960s alternate history: F-107 vs. Ye-8

Avimimus

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hello all,

The F-107 and the Ye-8 both made it to the prototype level and just missed large scale production. They were only six years apart.
So, I was wondering if you knew of any art showing a hypothetical encounter between hypothetical export variants? I can't realise it myself (anytime soon anyway) but I thought it was potentially a great subject...

ye8_01.jpg

yf107_04.jpg

I think its allowable - its really a request for someone to model something in CGI. Vietnam era USAF F-107s being intecepted by VPAF MiG-23s (Ye-8 was going to be MiG-23 in production) would be very cool indeed.

I suppose writing to some forum(s) of aviasim nuts - i.e. offering to make models and trying fly them against each other...then you'll have pretty much screenshots.

overscan said:
I think its allowable - its really a request for someone to model something in CGI. Vietnam era USAF F-107s being intecepted by VPAF MiG-23s (Ye-8 was going to be MiG-23 in production) would be very cool indeed.

True, my bad. I think I was blinded by the "X vs Y" and jumped the gun :-[ I always thought it would be cool to see a Crusader III in Vietnam camo fighting a Mig-21

That would be awesome… USAF F-107 and USN F9U (aka F8U-3) up against some VPAF MiG-23 (Ye-8), make it really interesting and throw in an RAAF TSR2…

On a related note, I am at present working on the Trumpeter F-107, with an eye towards converting it into a Navy "Super Fury".

overscan said:

Yes, exactly (I was just trying not to be too obvious about it). It will be a while before my skill will allow a good sketch of such an encounter. But, it is such an interesting combination that I just couldn't keep the idea to myself.

If someone is willing to build an approx 1/7.5 scale Ye-8, we can then have a dogfight between it and my F-107A. B) We'll need a photographer...
Here is a pic of it, if I can figure out how to post it. Mind you, I'm a newbie and longtime lurker on this site. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0307small.JPG
    IMG_0307small.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 357