Snuffing out a Tornado Vortex?

J.A.W.

"Keep on Truckin'.."
Reaction score
Have any studies ( computer modelled/mathematical-theoretical or small scale physical research)
been done - regarding the feasibility of a carefully placed explosion - to stop a tornado in its track?

How does this relate to an unbuilt project or other forum theme? I think this is a Bar topic at best.

Has it been investigated?

If so - what is the feasibility of doing something - to prevent the recurrent horrendous damage caused seasonally?

Possibly leading to a repetition of the "We had to destroy the village to save it" situation?

Is there a weather warfare thread?

Chris

As opposed to - "Hey we just got rebuilt & now another twister done came down the route & busted us up"..

These patterns/outcomes are fairly predictable/repetitive.. & devastatingly so..

Who will be 1st to ask, 'Just what good does HAARP do us anyhow?'

The only way I can think of stopping a tornado in short order would be to evaporate that chunk of the supercell where it's forming. Which means, realistically, either some sort of nuke or some sort of enormous heat beam, presumably directed from orbit. And yeah, either of those will probably cause more harm than the tornado would.

Short of having Superman fly around it at hypersonic speeds in the opposite direction of rotation, I don't think there's much you could do.

JasonSpidey said:
The only way I can think of stopping a tornado in short order would be to evaporate that chunk of the supercell where it's forming. Which means, realistically, either some sort of nuke or some sort of enormous heat beam, presumably directed from orbit. And yeah, either of those will probably cause more harm than the tornado would.

Short of having Superman fly around it at hypersonic speeds in the opposite direction of rotation, I don't think there's much you could do.

Is this view based on any scholarly research findings of greater validity - than a Marvel comic?

J.A.W. said:
JasonSpidey said:

Is this view based on any scholarly research findings of greater validity - than a Marvel comic?

Dude, Superman is DC Comics, a completely different universe. B)

joncarrfarrelly said:
J.A.W. said:
JasonSpidey said:

Dude, Superman is DC Comics, a completely different universe. B)

JCF, Spidey, Superdude.. ..whatever.. now if only we had Dr Manhattan available..

In the trailer for the new Flash TV show you see The Flash snuff out a tornado by running around it in the opposite direction ???