Author Topic: Nenadovich Type Biplane Aircraft And Projects  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Tophe

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
    • Forked Ghosts
Nenadovich Type Biplane Aircraft And Projects
« on: April 08, 2011, 10:51:54 pm »
the term "Nenadovich biplane" applied both to tandem-wing designs (Mignet, Delanne, etc.) and to aircraft with conventional tail surfaces but using two biplane wings in a staggered, box-wing configuration (Stark AS.27 and AS.37, for example).
There are no Nenadovitch entry in the books "Les avions Français 1944-1964" and "1965-1990", sorry.
But I remember the Millet-Lagarde ML-10 was depicted as having a "Nenadovitch layout" while having no conventionnal tail but twin-boom tail, the important point being the staggered biplane wings.
see http://www.aviafrance.com/millet-lagarde-ml-10-aviation-france-3956.htm
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:57:44 am by Jemiba »

Offline bigvlada

• CLEARANCE: Secret
Re: Nenadovich Biplane Aircraft And Projects
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 11:09:39 pm »
Miroslav Nenadović (ć is spelled like ci in ciao) was a professor at Belgrade University's Faculty of Mechanical Engineering after the war. He wrote a few books about basics of aerodynamic constructions and basics of space flight. There is no record that he draw any designs of his own, prior or after the war.

Online Jemiba

• Global Moderator
Re: Nenadovich Biplane Aircraft And Projects
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 05:57:12 am »
Split from the former thread about Nenadovich, which was mainly about Starck aircraft
It takes a long time, before all mistakes are made ...

Offline hesham

Re: Nenadovich Type Biplane Aircraft And Projects,SCAM C.50
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 05:49:47 am »
Hi,

here is the Nenadovitch Galca light tandem wing aircraft,and a 3-view to ML-10,
and the mystery SCAM C.50 aircraft,has anyone a more info about the last aircraft
design ?.

http://www.nestofdragons.net/weird-airplanes/tandemwings/nenadovitch.aspx

Offline Skyblazer

• Top Contributor
Re: Nenadovich Type Biplane Aircraft And Projects,SCAM C.50
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 04:40:52 pm »
the mystery SCAM C.50 aircraft,has anyone a more info about the last aircraft
design ?

The SCAM C.50 Milane II was built by the short-lived Société des Constructions Aéronautiques du Maine, based at Pont-de-Braye in the Sarthe district (not far from the famous Le Mans racing tracks). It was a development of the Millet-Lagarde ML-10, itself based on Nenadovich's configuration.

Please note that the F-WEAI registration was previously used by a Nord 2000 glider and also later briefly by an AerospaceLines Super Guppy.

I'm attaching below the three photos by Jaap Zwart from the Nest of Dragons website, as well as another photo of the ML-10 for comparison.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 04:43:30 pm by Stargazer »

Offline hesham

Re: Nenadovich Type Biplane Aircraft And Projects
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 04:08:41 am »
Great find Stargazer,many thanks.

Offline walter

• CLEARANCE: Secret
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 01:23:26 pm »
Must have been an attractive registration, F-WEAI, for some obscure reason.
I have a picture of an F-WEAI with SCAM C-50 01 on the tail. However, that F-WEAI is a high wing 4-seater with cantilever wing and attributed to Mr. G.R. Hamel and reportedly flown late-1940s.
Engine is reported as 140-160hp,. but no make/model.
Have the pic in a Word Document, but have not yet mastered to transfer it as jpg. to the forum.

Avions Français 1944 á 1965 is one of the publications to have a picture of the "Nenadovitch"F-WEAI, but calls that F-WEAI the C-50 Milane II.

Since the high wing aircraft carries both SCAM and C-50 markings, I tend to believe that is correct. But why then call the Milane II also C-50?

Offline Skyblazer

• Top Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 03:24:08 pm »
I have a picture of an F-WEAI with SCAM C-50 01 on the tail. However, that F-WEAI is a high wing 4-seater with cantilever wing and attributed to Mr. G.R. Hamel and reportedly flown late-1940s.
Since the high wing aircraft carries both SCAM and C-50 markings, I tend to believe that is correct. But why then call the Milane II also C-50?

Now THAT is extremely weird!!