Register here

Author Topic: Few german planes...  (Read 4485 times)

Offline mrys

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
    • Images & Planes
Few german planes...
« on: October 13, 2012, 08:03:48 am »
Hi all! I would like to show few renders from incoming IV volume of German Air Projects book. Junkers unnamed attack plane, Messerschmitt Me-329, Blohm & Voss P.196 and Messerschmitt Wildegans. Hope you like it.

Offline Wurger

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Re: Few german planes...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 09:19:37 am »
Excellent work, Marek, as usual!
Can you please tell about other "odd" aircraft projects depicted in your book? Also, will be there a fifth book on GSP? I`ve read about seaplanes/floatplanes intended for this last book.
Cheers

Offline mrys

• Images & Planes
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 09:39:12 am »
Thanks Wurger :) I decided to include all types (also seaplanes and flying boats) into this volume, so this will be last in this series. But in future  I plan to go back to first three volumes and make heavy revision of all included informations. There was many years ago when I started with this series, so some informations are a little bit outdated. I dont want to do the same thing once again, so planed for unnamed future book will be different - I don't want to tell how different in this moment. I had a long break with "secret project" aircrafts - most my works depicted  existed, so finishing Gearman Air Project series was great reason for seat back to theme, I started my CG graphic adventure. First of my works were luft 46 projects :)

What will be in book... As text about 100 descripted projects, many with 3 view drawings and as images.

Just in this moment I'am working on the very last renders: Arado E.654.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 09:42:00 am by mrys »

Offline pometablava

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 10:10:08 am »
What will be in book... As text about 100 descripted projects, many with 3 view drawings and as images.

Wow. My credit card is waiting for that! :)

Marek your art is fascinating. Thanks for sharing it with us. I specially love the 4th composition.

Offline Wurger

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 11:04:40 am »
Hello marek,

thanks a lot for your answer! I will definetelly buy the book and complete the series. When will it be available? The MMP website doesn`t announce it.
I would dare to suggest including otherwise "unknown" german projects. For this you would need to research in many archives in the world ;D .
Cheers

Offline PlanesPictures

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 11:26:12 am »
Hi Marek,
very nice. I like it
Jozef

Offline mrys

• Images & Planes
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 02:21:27 pm »
Hi Jozef! I still remember PovRay's era  ;)

Offline Hamzalippischh

• CLEARANCE: Secret
    • Facebook  page
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 04:28:56 am »
Great work Marek,
i'll be pleased if you take a look at mine
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=16147.new;topicseen#new

Cheers
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything."
Nikola Tesla
Check out my fb page: http://tinyurl.com/mxu96u7

Offline ikke666

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 09:16:18 am »
nice  ;D

Offline foiling

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 02:20:09 pm »
Marek, I have the first three volumes of this series by you, and I love them. I have been frantically searching for the volume on flying boats - which really interests me - so I am thrilled to learn that the 4th volume will include them. Can you say at this stage approximately when it shall be available? Thanks for this excellent series.

Offline mrys

• Images & Planes
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 03:12:30 pm »
I'am not sure when book will be published, but probably in next two-three months, I hope. On MPM or Stratus site you can find newest catalogue with book announced.

First what I should do is to sorry all for loooong time that I wrote it. There were some reasons, but it is rather weak excuse... Anyway cause of this delay I decided to join all what was no present in first three volumes into one under subtitle: "Attack, multipurposes and other planes". But it was not the only reason. After researching I realised, that it is not enough types of flying boats or seaplanes for one, alone book if I want to keep general concept of the series.

As author I'am most happy with this last, just finished volume. Series is finished, but as I said it is not my end with this topic. I have some new and, I hope, interesting and attractive ideas of my next books about secret project (not only german ;) )

PS. BTW I would ask you all for help. I'am looking for any drawings, sketches etc of Messerschmitt P.1073A (not P.1073B parasite fighter but its carrier). I have only one image from "Luftwaffe Secret Projects. Bombers 1935-1945", but looking for some more.

PPS. Finished! Last renders of Arado E.654 were sent to publisher. Here it is one of them.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:31:43 pm by mrys »

Offline Flitzer

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 02:45:20 am »
A few German planes, and every one a beauty.

Terrific work.

Peter :D
"Madness is the normal condition, only interupted by spells of sanity"

Offline Skyblazer

• Top Contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 03:12:55 am »
Thanks Flitzer for bringing this topic to attention. I hadn't seen it before, somehow.

The artwork here is absolutely amazing. Though I can't deny those German projects were aesthetically pleasing, I always find it a bit of a shame that there swastika-filled books sell whereas similar books of American, Soviet, French or British wouldn't to the same extent. I find the fascination with a post-1945 Luftwaffe is a little sick, but of course this has nothing to do with your work, which is first class!!

Offline foiling

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 05:44:47 am »
While I agree with you Stargazer2006 about the very high standard of this artwork - both the colour action paintings & Marek's three-views - I am surprised to read that books on German projects sell better than those of other countries. Further, I think the paucity of quality books on many western nations is more to blame for any imbalance in popularity than any unsavoury interest in German WWII aircraft. I would imagine that most of the fans of this site would prioritise their purchases on the following criteria: 1) personal field of interest (aircraft type rather than nationality), 2) the quality of the published works (depth of coverage, accuracy, artwork, supply of new & unfamiliar information), 3) value-for-money, 4) availability. Perhaps I am wrong, but I cannot imagine that many, if any, members of this site have a perverse liking for aircraft of the Luftwaffe. I personally, would love to see more books on Soviet (& also American) post-WWII aircraft, especially bombers, flying boats and supersonic aircraft projects.

Offline Wurger

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 05:51:44 am »
Hi,

Stargazer2006 wrote:

I find the fascination with a post-1945 Luftwaffe is a little sick, but of course this has nothing to do with your work, which is first class!!

I guess, then, that I am a little sick, doctor, so are a lot of us, including our fellow artist-members, I imagine. Please restrain yourself on such comments. A friend of mine has this adiction for soviet aircraft, so almost all his books relate to "Red Stars". I guess that makes him a little sick too.